Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Sep 30, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver IHG Diamond Ambassador Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
Thanks, CIHY. Not a masterpiece of design when trying to clearly differentiate but I guess the SLF will learn ... eventually. I miss the clear Silver distinction, though.
Inclined to agree; but wouldn't a gold speedbird marque have made sense for the senior, rather than black?
Old Sep 30, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver IHG Diamond Ambassador Hilton Diamond
deleted (duplicate post)

Last edited by Jeedos; Sep 30, 2023 at 1:53 pm Reason: Duplicate post
Old Sep 30, 2023, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Must say that when the uniform was first release I was sceptical and still have some doubts about some design choices but having seen it in person, my views have softened. I don’t think any uniform will ever be universally accepted by everyone.

Rewind 20 years ago and there were many voices among staff about the JM uniform. At the time, BA decided on letting staff switch to it as they received it. Many staff too as long as possible before changing and only did so once the final deadline was given. I vaguely remember that the fabric was a big talking point…and not positively. Also, some of females with larger proportions weren’t keen. For female ground staff, there jacket was a key source of debate due to the fit which was seen a being restrictive When performing certain tasks.

For this uniform, staff had the opportunity to get involved and indeed hundreds were involved from all uniform groups. The design team also spent time on the ground and in the air with staff, understanding their roles and how the uniforms needed to function. I remember speaking to a friend who was involved and she had been one of the groups who travelled to the far east with the design team to examine different fabrics. While she couldn’t say much, she was happy to have a say in the uniform that she’d be wearing.
daftboy, wrp96, navylad and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 4:40 pm

I experienced the new uniform for the first time yesterday. Some of the crew we wearing it better than others. The interesting thing was that 2 out of the (6 I think) crew still had their old uniform, so there was a very random announcement before the safety briefing to let us know that BA was in the process of changing uniform, hence some crew being dressed differently. We were invited to ask the crew if we had questions about this, surprisingly enough I don’t think anyone had any questions.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Joshm300
I experienced the new uniform for the first time yesterday. Some of the crew we wearing it better than others. The interesting thing was that 2 out of the (6 I think) crew still had their old uniform, so there was a very random announcement before the safety briefing to let us know that BA was in the process of changing uniform, hence some crew being dressed differently. We were invited to ask the crew if we had questions about this, surprisingly enough I don’t think anyone had any questions.

this announcement has been mandated by the internal safety department (and possibly the CAA) as the CAA has granted BA a grace period for all Crew to be in the new uniform due to late deliveries and/or other issues. Naturally I doubt anyone will have any questions but it has to be mentioned.

Sadly it always has been the case when I was flying that some people take more pride in the or appearance than others and it’s sad to hear that still is the case. I always ensured I looked smart and presentable when I was Crew, but others….oh well sadly not so and I wish BA would have taken the new uniform as an opportunity to manage that, which is very unlikely by hearing first hand reports
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
New uniform harkens to just another generic blue/red airline uniform, nothing original or creative about it. Entirely forgettable
Old Oct 1, 2023, 12:55 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
New uniform harkens to just another generic blue/red airline uniform, nothing original or creative about it. Entirely forgettable
Have to agree with this having experienced it yesterday. And SWMBO (she who has VERY strong opinions on what ‘correct dress’ is) remarked that the IB uniform (on our flight connecting onto BA) yesterday looked smarter.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
You’ll all get over it eventually. So far as it’s functional for those wearing it and it seems like it is.
flybymonkey likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 1:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Just seen the new uniforms for the first time and most of them are not bad. Look practicable and comfy. The white satin shirt and blue trousers on a lady looks awful though! Does not seem to fit with the rest of the bits. The collar is huge, and a man’s shirt on a woman is not a great look when you get a bit bigger up top!

It looks like a Pyjama top on both ladies on my flight.

aks120
Grande Annee likes this.

Last edited by aks120; Oct 1, 2023 at 1:11 pm
Old Oct 1, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
I also saw the new uniform for the first time yesterday. While not as iconic as its predecessor (and definitely a spin off of AA’s) it is nice enough and looks professional. The colours are also a lot more aligned with the BA brand.
SpeedbirdLHR likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Saw the uniforms for myself on two flights today. The mens looks nicely tailored although the waistcoat sits funnily on the, err, ‘stockier’ team members. The ladies uniform looks great, very retro to my eyes, a definite improvement. One of the ladies mentioned that the collar was chafing slightly and that she needed to beat it into submission with an iron as soon as she has chance.
SpeedbirdLHR likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Saw the new uniforms yesterday morning on the 1st flight to AMS. I thought they looked much smarter & classier, certainly compared to something like KLM crew wear..

Not so sure about the bloke dressed in the womens uniform, not such a good look!
SpeedbirdLHR likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by opus99
You’ll all get over it eventually. So far as it’s functional for those wearing it and it seems like it is.
That would not be the opinion of the Lady pilots, nor the male pilots where the shirt is concerned.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
How is your creamy ring holding up Waterhouse? 😮
Old Oct 2, 2023, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I also saw the new uniform for the first time yesterday. While not as iconic as its predecessor (and definitely a spin off of AA’s) it is nice enough and looks professional. The colours are also a lot more aligned with the BA brand.
Yes last week I saw what I thought was a lost AA flight attendant wandering through T5, until I realised it was actually a BA one with the new uniform. Looks nice, but uniform appearance is about as low down on my list of concerns as you can get.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.