Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Sep 29, 2023, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Sigwx
I am now convinced my creamy ring wonít be staying creamy for long.
Bet you say that to all the boys?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I saw the uniforms yesterday and the cabin crew seemed to like them. Looked smart IMO.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The offending apron, notice even if you are a normal size it looks like you have breasts.
It looks like a schoolgirl's pinafore!
Old Sep 30, 2023, 6:21 am

Both the T5 ground and inflight uniforms of my flight today are a complete hotch-potch ensemble. The only conclusion I've come to is that some people appear to take pride in their appearance where as others look as though they've just fallen straight out of bed and into the boarding door.
Grande Annee and rhysflies like this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even the ones in the new uniform?
Old Sep 30, 2023, 6:48 am

Some people are allergic to the concept of ironing
Old Sep 30, 2023, 6:49 am

​​​​​​Even in the new uniform.

I think the old JM uniform is timeless and can look extremely smart if it's not falling to bits or looks uncared for or dirty.

My understanding is the CAA have advised a 10 day grace period after which all crew should be wearing the new uniform.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 7:10 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Confus
Supply chain failureÖ or more accurately, some crew started their duties before the switchover and are keeping their old uniform until they return home to change it. You know, rather than having to carry two and put an extra bag into the lockers above your seat.
Of course that's the case where crew are downstream, but not for my flights which originated from LHR (one of which turned around in DUB on a B2B). I didn't ask for an explanation as it had zero effect on me, but was voluntarily told some sizes had not yet arrived, or that in other cases sizing had not been as expected. So whilst there's some truth in your point, there's equally a lot in mine - the supply chain is on the edge and in some cases has not yet delivered. I don't view that as a surprise given the huge numbers involved, and indeed importing clothing is a logistical nightmare in terms of tariffs and paperwork these days (a recent experience in very small volume from China being one I don't wish to repeat!), but the reality is that BA wasn't ready to launch on the day. Whether they should have delayed for a short while, rather than have to put out somewhat cryptic PAs, is open to debate.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 7:12 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Was on my flight yesterday. It's certainly different and I'm sure we'll all get used to it and not think twice. There happened to be a mix match of uniforms on the flight. My initial reaction:

- The old uniforms look a bit more professional and polished in their style
- I overheard crew saying new uniform was more comfortable, which is important of course, though one crew member had what looked like very much wrong size (way too tight trousers and was using a jumper to cover it up)
- The quality looked cheap, I'm talking simply optically as they walked past, but maybe it isn't - less tailored/designer, more straight out of a packet. Maybe its just the fabric and [lack of] ironing and after a few uses will settle in
Old Sep 30, 2023, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cabin Crew

IFL Inflight Lead

IFM Inflight Manager

Old Sep 30, 2023, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thanks, CIHY. Not a masterpiece of design when trying to clearly differentiate but I guess the SLF will learn ... eventually. I miss the clear Silver distinction, though.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 10:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Those ties have more than a whiff of Loganair about them!

aks120
EuropeanPete and T8191 like this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Thanks CIHY for the tie photos.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Exec Blue
I quite like the ties, although I'm not sure the differentiation between IFM and IFL is really necessary.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by flight125
I quite like the ties, although I'm not sure the differentiation between IFM and IFL is really necessary.
It isnít just IFL/IFM distinction, it also distinguishes Customer Experience Leads from Customer Experience Managers in the terminal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.