Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Sep 29, 2023, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Nice memento! So how do we now identify a CSD/IFM/IFL or whatever? Do they now have silver scarves?
Red for main crew and customer experience representatives, lupin for inflight leads and customer experience leads and navy for inflight managers and customer experience managers.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by xxxxx
Red for main crew and customer experience representatives, lupin for inflight leads and customer experience leads and navy for inflight managers and customer experience managers.
Thank you. Very ‘distinctive’! I shall have to research ‘lupin’, as I’m not a florist! 😀

Confused of Off-Shore
Old Sep 29, 2023, 8:17 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by T8191
Nice memento! So how do we now identify a CSD/IFM/IFL or whatever? Do they now have silver scarves?
I had a number of flights yesterday, in cabins where the IFL's were located. I'm not the world's most observant person, hence why the lady doing my doc check prompted me to see if "I'd noticed what was different" in the First Wing (at 6am, no chance of me picking that up!), but as far as I can see that's now mainly down to the name badge only. I certainly didn't detect the other subtle touches outlined.

I had managed to raise a wry smile by the time I'd heard the "for operational reasons some staff may be wearing different uniforms today" announcement, which came across as BA thinking someone might not be a crew member because they still had the old uniform. What a great way to draw attention to your supply chain failure ...
Can I help you and T8191 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Trying to master this IFM and IFL terminology. I’m assuming IFM is like a sergeant, and IFL is a corporal? And CC are privates, except when down-route in a crew hotel?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 9:02 am

As a rule, IFMs/Ls are in dark coloured neck ties/scarves (they differ between each other slightly) and Main Crew are in red.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
How are you liking your uniform MFCC?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
How are you liking your uniform MFCC?
I like the gents one, fits much better than the JM. I understand why a lot of the girls are not loving it though.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That’s good to know, I agree that the mens one is better than the ladies, I’m pleased that I’m not having to wear it although I have tried a friends one on, what about the apron?
navylad likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 9:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Thatís good to know, I agree that the mens one is better than the ladies, Iím pleased that Iím not having to wear it although I have tried a friends one on, what about the apron?
You appreciate this can be read several ways CIHY?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by xxxxx
Any photos of the 3 new ties?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 10:12 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
Any photos of the 3 new ties?
No photos, but having just seen them in the flesh apparently ďlupinĒ is purple!

Quite hard to tell the difference between the IFL/IFM ties, although not that it matters too much in the grand scheme of things.
T8191 and wrp96 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You appreciate this can be read several ways CIHY?
I will let you all guess? 🤪
Old Sep 29, 2023, 11:57 am

I am now convinced my creamy ring wonít be staying creamy for long.
Can I help you and DYKWIA like this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I had managed to raise a wry smile by the time I'd heard the "for operational reasons some staff may be wearing different uniforms today" announcement, which came across as BA thinking someone might not be a crew member because they still had the old uniform. What a great way to draw attention to your supply chain failure ...
Supply chain failure… or more accurately, some crew started their duties before the switchover and are keeping their old uniform until they return home to change it. You know, rather than having to carry two and put an extra bag into the lockers above your seat.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Saw the uniforms today , I thought the pilots and male cabin crew looked very smart. As did a female cabin crew with the white shirt and red scarf. However the blue dress doesnít look good at all due to the fit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.