Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Jan 9, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Is there a reason why airline uniforms for women still have tights when women in the rest of the workplace have largely abandoned them ?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 9:08 pm

The only sharp piece of clothing I saw in the video was the superbly cut dark green suit worn by Mr Boateng himself. Everything else looks sloppy and undistinctive.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 12:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by PaulOM
Is there a reason why airline uniforms for women still have tights when women in the rest of the workplace have largely abandoned them ?
Likely because men have designed the uniform!

aks120
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:19 pm

It’s now been several days since the official launch… and given this place is full of frequent flyers, someone must have seen it in real life… if so, what’s it like? Any staff who already have it (e.g. if they were part of the testing group) can wear it in public with immediate effect, so I imagine it’s floating around T5 at least.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It is not being worn in public, all below the wing staff start wearing it on a certain day in April, other staff at date in May, well that’s the plan!!!
rockflyertalk, SxMan and Confus like this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
The BA TikTok team (who are absolutely 'killing it', by the way, since they turned up a week ago...!) have done a little video in front of TFW, showcasing a few of the different outfits from the new uniform.
Not sure if it is a model or a member of staff.

flybymonkey and AnaTravel like this.
Old May 16, 2023, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Delayed until at least September according to PYOK

Amazingly staff feedback has been listened to and changes are being made.
Old May 16, 2023, 1:44 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Most staff have still not been fitted for it.

M
crazy8534 likes this.
Old May 26, 2023, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC
View from a few insiders is that even September is optimistic, more likely to be an end of year job.
Old May 26, 2023, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Most staff have still not been fitted for it.

M
I wouldn't say "most" is true. If staff have not booked a fitting, they will just be sent the size they ordered. Lots of staff have already received their new uniform and it is already being worn below wing.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 2:14 pm

Any update on this, September had been proposed at the go-live date, but seems to be fairly quiet. I know a lot of crew have now been sent their uniforms.
flybymonkey likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by PaulOM
I would suspect because whilst some women look great with bare legs, some don't look so great and by insisting on tights, you're providing a degree of uniformity and smartness. Tights also keep your legs warm, it's surprising because they are so thin but they definitely have an effect, and personally I find that aircraft cabins can often be chilly and you may not want to have bare legs.
BA or bust and Coffeemadman like this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Any update on this, September had been proposed at the go-live date, but seems to be fairly quiet. I know a lot of crew have now been sent their uniforms.
Word on the street - roll out expected in the next few weeks, a few tweaks have been made to the original design. A few female members of crew I know are still unimpressed with the design, personally can't say it's grown on me since it's unveiling 8 months ago.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014
I’ve heard 1st October on the grapevine…
Old Aug 30, 2023, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That’s what I believe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.