Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No, that isn’t a replacement, the Indian-based female crew will get a new uniform.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:19 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by KARFA
Is this supposed to replace the Indian inspired uniform? Considering how nice the existing one looked, this replacement looks awful.
I don't think so, this looks more like a Muslim modest option than Indian Sari.

Previous Indian style uniforms have previously been designed and released separately, with echoes of the main uniform pattern.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I have been trying to find a picture, but the Hardy Amies BEA uniform that became the first British Airways uniform, ladies blouses had either a blue or red edging on the sleeve and the neck bow.
Can i help you? Number 9?

If anyone wants to see what the numbers refer to click on the link.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...s-changed.html

Pete
JAXBA and DaveS like this.

Last edited by PETER01; Jan 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm Reason: Adding link
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
The only airline where pilots can pull off wearing shorts is Trans Maldivian Airways

To be honest I do not see the horror that many are painting this new uniform as
And bare foot. No high heels for female pilots. Flip flops for all to walk on the hot tarmac.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by PETER01

Pete
That’s the one, there was also a blue blouse with red edging.
SpeedbirdLHR and PETER01 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I have a fondness for 5, as that was the uniform my grandmother wore as ground staff in JNB, and is the first uniform I remember (I flew with 8 but was too young to remember it!). 3 is my next favourite. 2 I've flown most with, it's not as nostalgic as 5 or 3 - but still better than the new bacon patterns!
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have been trying to find a picture, but the Hardy Amies BEA uniform that became the first British Airways uniform, ladies blouses had either a blue or red edging on the sleeve and the neck bow.
Also the Baccarat Weatherall one - number 8 in Pete's post - that has the Union flag at the end of neck bow, but it starts off as solid red at the neck area. So that red is from the crosses of St. George and St. Patrick. I must admit I'm surprised how well number 8 has survived, along with the outgoing uniform, Julien Macdonald had a 20 year run, the rest just 10 years or so.
PETER01 and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA
I have a fondness for 5, as that was the uniform my grandmother wore as ground staff in JNB, and is the first uniform I remember (I flew with 8 but was too young to remember it!). 3 is my next favourite. 2 I've flown most with, it's not as nostalgic as 5 or 3 - but still better than the new bacon patterns!
Ah, lovely memories coming back for folks then including your good self

I do remember number 3 quite clearly. I never flew much until i was in my early 20s. Looking forward to seeing the new uniforms in the flesh so to speak.

Overall, I'd give them 8.5 out of 10.
JAXBA likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’m withholding judgement until I see them in action in person. First impressions are not that they’re terrible, but they’re not immediately distinctive from either a British Airways or Boateng perspective.

I’m going to have to go head to tail in Boateng on a future BA flight - historically it was relatively rare to find someone at Heathrow wearing his stuff.
flybymonkey and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:19 pm

Some "uniform appreciation posts before its gone" starting to flood social feeds by female cabin crew.

I wonder if BA will have to review its position on all outfits before officially going 'live' with them. Especially as it has become global headline news on major news broadcasters as well as forums and social channels. There is certainly no denying the populas opinion does not fall in favor of them.
londonba2014 and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
The only airline where pilots can pull off wearing shorts is Trans Maldivian Airways
There are a couple of Loganair pilots who try their best in summer!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:10 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.

Pete
Number 9 is what my mother wore as cabin crew in the 70s. There is a photo somewhere of her standing on the apron in-front of an a/c looking v glam!

She was cabin crew for only a few years but has plenty of stories, those were the days to travel!

She abandoned the twin-set / ladies jacket when flying in the mid-00s, but abhors the ‘just got out of bed look’. Flying may no-longer be glamorous, but that doesn’t mean we should look slovenly.

ps - number 3 is what I remember most when young. Friendly, generous people who would always offer a visit to the flight deck (pre-9/11).
PETER01, becks1 and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:19 pm

Whilst I appreciate this thread is about the new uniforms may I say that I love reading posts like yours, krispy84 where close relatives actually wore some of those uniforms. I bet they could tell a few tales/stories as you say.

(And a hat tip of appreciation to the Moderators for allowing such posts and allowing it on occasion going a bit off topic)
EuropeanPete, JAXBA and krispy84 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
(And a hat tip of appreciation to the Moderators for allowing such posts and allowing it on occasion going a bit off topic)
While I would normally always respect the rule of never talking about moderation… aren’t you one of the BA moderators you’re tipping your hat to?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
While I would normally always respect the rule of never talking about moderation… aren’t you one of the BA moderators you’re tipping your hat to?
I'm not a Moderator and neither would I ever talk about Moderators/moderation and if i may briefly explain. I was just adding a little praise for them (as per my previous post) which im sure is allowed, just now and again. They have a different role.

'Ambassadors' do the welcomes, assist/point in the right directions where possible, show diplomacy etc. (Well, we try!)

Going back to uniforms I wore one for quite a few years and had a few changes but you get used to them and the public adapt very quickly. I would think it'll be the same at BA. A novelty at first but it will become the norm.
EuropeanPete and ian67 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.