Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Jan 6, 2023, 9:20 am

This story has gone viral to the point BA pulled the original Instagram story due to all the negative comments.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by T8191
The Jumpsuit ... that's a one-piece garment, right?

Lady T observes that to use the toilet a lady would have to virtually undress. Is that a practical scenario?
My understanding is that the jumpsuit is currently only for check-in staff. Trials will be held with cabin crew to determine suitability with aim of it being worn later this year if approved.
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
My understanding is that the jumpsuit is currently only for check-in staff. Trials will be held with cabin crew to determine suitability with aim of it being worn later this year if approved.
I thought it was for the engineers? That makes much more sense, than cabin or check in. Even groundhandlers wearing jumps would be appropriate.
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Hurray for pilot shorts!

Yes, this is real.

M

Originally Posted by Speedbird676
If my pilot turns up wearing that, I'll offload myself.
Culottes are nothing new, they're part of the current Julien MacDonald uniform.
Kgmm77 and flygirl68 like this.

Last edited by Boeing77W; Jan 6, 2023 at 10:38 am
Old Jan 6, 2023, 10:32 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
Old Jan 6, 2023, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by RJD1983
I thought it was for the engineers? That makes much more sense, than cabin or check in. Even groundhandlers wearing jumps would be appropriate.
The jumpsuit is an option for Cabin Crew and 'Customer Experience' (excluding the Concorde team). Trials were held for Cabin Crew wearing the jumpsuit onboard, including using the facilities....
Bearface likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Looking a bit 'me too', a missed an opportunity for a unique identity like Qatar or even Virgin for that matter which you instantly recognise.

The pilot shorts make me laugh every time I look at the picture, still trying to figure out if it's a good or bad laugh.......

When all said and done there's probably other things that would stop me flying BA ahead of what they wear.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Boeing77W
Culottes are nothing new, they're part of the current Julien MacDonald uniform.
Do you know how many pilots wear them? As an aside, what is the rationale for having them as part of the uniform? Seems a slightly eccentric option.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 11:55 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tuonopepper

The pilot shorts make me laugh every time I look at the picture, still trying to figure out if it's a good or bad laugh.......
The only airline where pilots can pull off wearing shorts is Trans Maldivian Airways

To be honest I do not see the horror that many are painting this new uniform as
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Speedbird676
If my pilot turns up wearing that, I'll offload myself.
This is only good for the passengers that do take flightmore food and drinks for them
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by krispy84
Do you know how many pilots wear them? As an aside, what is the rationale for having them as part of the uniform? Seems a slightly eccentric option.
I have seem many many female pilots wearing them, unless you look closely you would think that they are wearing a skirt.
I think they said to the Captain pictured above, spread them. 🤪
HIDDY, aoyamaguy, T8191 and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
I’d also disagree with the red highlights looking like Air France. The current uniform also has red highlights and that was launch almost 20 yrs ago.
Maybe I should have been more precise - I meant specifically the red sleeve cuffs as shown on the sleeveless female dress photo and on the jumpsuit. I don't remember seeing those on BA before?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:54 pm

Its great that George at ASDA have entered the airline uniform market
choosethedrew and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Maybe I should have been more precise - I meant specifically the red sleeve cuffs as shown on the sleeveless female dress photo and on the jumpsuit. I don't remember seeing those on BA before?
I have been trying to find a picture, but the Hardy Amies BEA uniform that became the first British Airways uniform, ladies blouses had either a blue or red edging on the sleeve and the neck bow.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:15 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Is this supposed to replace the Indian inspired uniform? Considering how nice the existing one looked, this replacement looks awful.

I think Oswald clearly hasn't got a clue about dressing women - some of the other women's uniforms in the photos in post 125 look terrible around the waist and chest - in particular the pilot and TRM in the bottom photo.

aks120 and becks1 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.