Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:51 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Why orange ties that look like rashers of bacon???
So the pattern represents airflow over a wing, and having seen closer pictures, I appreciate the texture... but the overall impression remains: it looks like BAcon.

Not impressed with the red ties/scarves.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Exec Club

i blame the person that took those pictures.

looking at this tweet of a CC thats seen it in person and probably taken with a regular phone camera, it actually doesnt look bad.

when I saw it at first, I was in the no category but the more I look at the more it grows on me (even with the stock photos)

but I have a feeling it will look a lot nicer in person, as this picture seems to indicate
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by YClass
And hard to tell if it will look uniform if everyone wearing something different. Will crew be indentifiable and easy to recognise seniority etc. Will be interesting to see which crew choose what. Do senior go for something more classic etc. Incidentally what identifies the senior cabin manager (not sure what title is these days)?
easyJet (and plenty of others) have mix-and-match uniform items and no one struggles to tell crew apart from customers - this won’t be a problem.

From the pictures, managers will have blue ties, main crew red ones.
Bearface and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Is Kevlar woven into any of these uniforms...??

Next IT breakdown by BA could put these to the test ..!!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:46 am

Have just found out that there are specially designed high-viz jackets as well. Now that has to be a first for Saville Row.

And I can’t be the only one hoping they’ve made a personalised one specifically for whoever happens to be CEO
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:49 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by opus99
https://twitter.com/justanother_ben/...cPBZdAotTCxKoQ

i blame the person that took those pictures.

looking at this tweet of a CC thats seen it in person and probably taken with a regular phone camera, it actually doesnt look bad.

when I saw it at first, I was in the no category but the more I look at the more it grows on me (even with the stock photos)

but I have a feeling it will look a lot nicer in person, as this picture seems to indicate
Dont like the red tie, but otherwise think the uniform looks good.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Pockets on the womens' clothes is a huge plus in my eyes. I absolutely hate not having a pocket and being reliant on carrying / wearing something extra.
RJD1983, flygirl68 and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just seen them on Insta, 5 years in the making and for me they are hideous.
RJD1983 and londonba2014 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
It always struck me that the white shirt in the current uniform was rather impractical and prone to looking stained/worn. The darker blue tops of the female outfit look much better in that regard (and likely to be more flattering to larger people). A shame there wasnt a dark shirt option on the male CC outfit.

The male waistcoat looks very River Island circa 1992 but I guess its optional and the additional layer could be good for colder climates.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:25 am

oh yes, I like the idea of a dark shirt for male CC.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The Jumpsuit ... that's a one-piece garment, right?

Lady T observes that to use the toilet a lady would have to virtually undress. Is that a practical scenario?
RJD1983, Kgmm77, Lefly and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
The men's suits look like Swissport uniform.

As said, some bits do look very similar to Jet2, and other bits wouldn't be amiss in McDonalds!

The red pleated bit on the skirts seems as if it should be at the side rather than at the front, but hey, I know nothing of women's fashion!

As for the women's neck ties, apart from the dangling into your soup comment, I would have thought these could cause a few health & safety issues especially around belts / machinery.

The comment about some older staff not necessarily being keen. Wonder if there's a secondary motive of potentially alienating those on longer, more expensive contracts? They may move if dissatisfied, and allow BA to employ some 18yo at half the price. Sure there's a few who wouldn't be seen dead in certain clothing, and may feel the brand has been cheapened one step too far?

Still would have preferred BA to concentrate on sorting out existing issues rather than spending whatever on this.
It might look better in the flesh so to speak, not that I see much of cabin crew on board anyway
Ramp and engineering sides, not bothered there as they're, for the most part, not customer facing, and they'll be wearing hi-vis vests etc. whilst out on the ramp anyway.
Bearface likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by T8191
The Jumpsuit ... that's a one-piece garment, right?

Lady T observes that to use the toilet a lady would have to virtually undress. Is that a practical scenario?
I really hope theyve thought of that. Perhaps two separate garments that look like one? However, I doubt it. Im never keen on anything touching the floor in aircraft lavs, let alone almost my entire ensemble!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
I really hope theyve thought of that. Perhaps two separate garments that look like one? However, I doubt it. Im never keen on anything touching the floor in aircraft lavs, let alone almost my entire ensemble!
It looks, from the picture, that it zips down the front. Perhaps more akin to a set of overalls than a romper suit?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by xenole
The comment about some older staff not necessarily being keen. Wonder if there's a secondary motive of potentially alienating those on longer, more expensive contracts? They may move if dissatisfied, and allow BA to employ some 18yo at half the price. Sure there's a few who wouldn't be seen dead in certain clothing, and may feel the brand has been cheapened one step too far?
People I know are certainly not older and have stated they are not happy with the uniform. As I gather - it is largely younger colleagues that are unimpressed with the new design!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.