Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:02 am

A lot of miserable people in this thread for the 6th of January.
Dan72, SKT-DK, Mekko and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:05 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Hurray for pilot shorts!

Yes, this is real.

M

Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
Sharper tailoring for broad and wide people isn’t a good thing.

(The current prevalent fad for “slim fit” with a 38 waist for instance, defeats the purpose!)
Sharper tailoring isn’t just for slimmer shapes, people of all sizes can look good with a great tailor. It’s misconception that you need to be slim to look sharp. Granted it helps but I’ve dressed larger, curvy figures who can look fantastic and it’s all about feeling comfortable. But anyway…I’ve just seen this on BBC news which answers my question.

​​​​​​
Staff will be allowed to order different cuts - normal or skinny-fit trousers - and will be able to book a fitting so the uniform is more tailored.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:12 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The romper suit

I like it, far more modern and stylish than the staid skirt and jacket
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Sharper tailoring isn’t just for slimmer shapes, people of all sizes can look good with a great tailor. It’s misconception that you need to be slim to look sharp. Granted it helps but I’ve dressed larger, curvy figures who can look fantastic and it’s all about feeling comfortable. But anyway…I’ve just seen this on BBC news which answers my question.
Helps? Just a bit!
Try getting an off the rail jacket to fit your shoulders for your chest size. I’ve tried on three of the same size and only one specific jacket actually fitted!

It’s good they offered a fit however. Skinny fit (aka sharp tailored) ain’t for non-skinny folk.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:19 am

A mixed bag in the end, with things to love and things to hate (great metaphor for BA really). More good than bad IMO.

The story I heard about ground staff turned out to be completely true, and the colour-coding idea is fantastic (green for Cargo, purple for Engineering, etc.), with useful tweaks like shorts with tool belts for the summer and practical jackets for winter. This is a real game-changer, no one ever normally puts any effort into ramp uniforms. They’ve even made the gloves touchscreen-compatible, so loaders and dispatchers can use iPads while wearing them.

Frontline staff… I love the jumpsuit, and it would look great on men too so I really hope they allow it. The apron is also excellent, much better than today’s waistcoat (sorry, gilet). The jumpers and cardigans look nice, with a touch of red making them much more distinctive than today’s (it can often be hard to identify crew in them). The speedmarque patters in the weaves are lovely.

Not to like… they’ve stuck with outdated gender ideas, particuarly telling women there’s a specific way they should look. All very Virgin-circa-1995. It’s odd because some items (e.g. cardigans and jumpers) are fully gender-neutral but not other bits. No one will take the ridiculous culottes. Silver for managers was much better than the new blue. The models are all slim, so there’s no visualisation of how the ‘fitted’ uniforms will look on larger people. But the real shame is if this is the end of the saris, they’ve been around so long and are by far the best bit of the old uniform!

ETA: Is this the first time there’s been a special uniform for the Concorde team?
EuropeanPete and Bearface like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
I like it, far more modern and stylish than the staid skirt and jacket
Agreed!! This and matching dress look like best female pieces
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:29 am

#110 the pattern on the cabin crew woman’s blue shirt and jacket looks nice.
#162 the romper suit doesn’t look very practical for when the crew member needs to use the toilet.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Are there any pictures of Sean Doyle in any of these outfits? Preferably the male ones unless he’s going to go full Branson with the makeup to match.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Jan 6, 2023 at 6:58 am
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:37 am

The disappointment for me is for the operational staff. Engineers have no pockets that can store an iPad Mini; baggage handlers have nowhere to put a scanner.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I agree the ‘silk’ scarfs look like they would get in the way or end up dangling in one’s soup!
"We have listened to your feedback and as our customers do not like scarves dangling in their soup, we have removed soup from our onboard offering"
SKT-DK, T8191, Bearface and 6 others like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Hurray for pilot shorts!

Yes, this is real.

M

If my pilot turns up wearing that, I'll offload myself.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:44 am

the jumpsuit looks like something you’d see on a Russian lowcost airline. Surprised those that piloted thought it was a good idea. But what do I know.
Doesnt scream sophisticated/high class but suspect that ship sailed years ago
I assumed the shorts were a joke? Thought health and safety would be aaaall over that #HotCoffeeScald
skipness1E and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It looks okay to me.
Although the culottes do look a bit odd with the pilot jacket...might be the way she's standing though.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:48 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Looks like all fairly simple for men - can debate tie choice I guess. Nothing controversial. But for ladies a bunch of options which all look a bit odd individually even the simple skirt. And hard to tell if it will look uniform if everyone wearing something different. Will crew be indentifiable and easy to recognise seniority etc. Will be interesting to see which crew choose what. Do senior go for something more classic etc. Incidentally what identifies the senior cabin manager (not sure what title is these days)?

The pilot shorts look comical. Jumpsuit doesn’t look terrible to me but surely is impractical for time airplane loos?

Entirely agree it doesn’t look at first sight very formal, “classic. British”, classy or premium/special. But like all these things need to see in person. In 2yrs we’ll all be used to it anyway.
flybymonkey likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.