Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
incredibly meh to "not great" -- and that long neck scarf, seems annoying if women will have to remove for service each time because i can only imagine how quickly it will dip into a paper cup of tea. not very practical.

looks uninspired and as if boateng had some great ideas before BA slashed the budget by 90% and this is all that remains.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by orbitmic
It just looks like they bought a stock of used DL early 2000s uniforms to be honest. How bland.

The red highlights look like a cheap imitation of the (much nicer) AF equivalent.

5 years to come up with? Unless it is merely that the BA file was the "good grief, I still need to work on that BA stuff" file in the Boateng office...
it has taken a while but the design work was completed several years ago and it would have been launched earlier had it not been for COVID. Decision was made to wait and rightly so.

I’d also disagree with the red highlights looking like Air France. The current uniform also has red highlights and that was launch almost 20 yrs ago.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold | Hilton Honors - Gold
I am not underwhelmed, more just like “meh” which is how I feel about BA in general 😁

The current uniform was in need of an refresh, but my first thought on this, it has a very American Airlines feel to it.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by Jambon87
it has a very American Airlines feel to it.
I don't mind this actually - having flown very recently with American Airlines, I noticed how practical their uniform looked - the current BA one looks like a straight jacket on some of them. I would also love to know who does the thread for the buttons on the ladies shirts as that could hold up buildings judging by the pressure it takes with some. Not criticising the ladies who are larger at all - but the current uniform was not flattering for someone who actually had a curvy body. This new one looks a lot better - but there are far too many variants in my opinion. They need something to tie them together and the red slash thing that is in an inappropriate place on the skirts (for instance) is not enough.

Seeing these walk through the airport, I don't think I would instantly jump to say BA - unlike the VS lot. I await further judgement until I see it in the flesh.

Regards

aks120
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Brand trashingly awful.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC
I really don’t like the red “godet”. It looks very awkward, to put it kindly. Also the cut on the uniforms is unhelpful or perhaps some of the staff in this shot are not wearing the right size? I’m not thrilled.
As for the months of consultation with staff, I’m afraid I’ve experienced that albeit not for a uniform. Top brass just want confirmation of decisions already made and are just paying lip service to consulting the staff. (For top brass one could substitute “government” and for staff, “electorate”; it was ever thus) Other than very minor changes BA won’t have been interested, especially if time and budget will be impacted.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:40 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by Crubber
I'm ground crew and disappointed that there are no hoodies in the new uniform. There are balaclavas but these are not really practical and look ridiculous.

When it is cold and windy it is nice to have the protection from the elements that a hoody gives. A lot of us wear our own which we will continue to do.
Maybe Cabin Crew can wear the Balaclavas instead.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
They've forgotten to showcase the pinny!

Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold | Hilton Honors - Gold
Originally Posted by aks120
I don't mind this actually - having flown very recently with American Airlines, I noticed how practical their uniform looked - the current BA one looks like a straight jacket on some of them.
Its not a criticism, AA have a good uniform, however it’s doesn’t stand out in crowd.

when you think of airlines like KLM/Emirates/Virgin etc you immediately know they work for that airline, as the brand is represented. This just feels like a very bland and safe choice.

However the proof will be in the wearing 😊
aks120, Bearface and londonba2014 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:42 am
formerly JackDann

Same as others - Very "Meh", it certainly doesn't look good. Wonder how much this cost - was it really a necessary change? I feel like the money they invested into this would have been much better spent elsewhere. It wasn't broken, and didn't need fixing imo - but i'm not the one who has to wear it every day!
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Jambon87
Its not a criticism, AA have a good uniform, however it’s doesn’t stand out in crowd.

when you think of airlines like KLM/Emirates/Virgin etc you immediately know they work for that airline, as the brand is represented. This just feels like a very bland and safe choice.

However the proof will be in the wearing 😊
For me anyhow that's what I like about BA. No bling, razzmatazz etc just a plain style, often understated and which is also reflected in their lounges and cabins. The main thing though is, for me anyhow, the route network and choice as well as price of course which are generally quite competitive.

Another thing, remember when the CCR received new style furniture? A few concerns, doubters at the time but once folks get used to it then all is good. I think the same views might apply to the new uniform styles.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:02 am

In fairness from a guy's perspective I don't think it's a disaster (albeit it is a bit boring) - I'm looking forward to wearing something that's a slimmer cut rather than the current trousers which are awful. A three piece is a nice touch.
The girls don't seem particularly happy, though, and I think I can see why! In fairness very few of them have seen it in person so maybe their opinions will change over the coming days.
The main crew red ties look like some kid's taken a crayon to them and drawn some squiggly pattern.
We'll see - either way it's hardly groundbreaking.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by JD1905
Maybe Cabin Crew can wear the Balaclavas instead.
Just in case you're in any doubt when they're hiding in the galley!
aks120, LCSinTexas and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:20 am

It looks very similar to Jet2.com’s uniforms.
DALtoAAL, Bearface and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by MFCC
In fairness from a guy's perspective I don't think it's a disaster (albeit it is a bit boring) - I'm looking forward to wearing something that's a slimmer cut rather than the current trousers which are awful. A three piece is a nice touch.
The girls don't seem particularly happy, though, and I think I can see why! In fairness very few of them have seen it in person so maybe their opinions will change over the coming days.
The main crew red ties look like some kid's taken a crayon to them and drawn some squiggly pattern.
We'll see - either way it's hardly groundbreaking.
I've just seen it in person in CRC. It's even worse than I feared. The jumpsuit is just....nuts.
Bearface and MFCC like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.