Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business

It would appear that those in the BA Press Office certainly had their fix of coffee this morning with this being the 5th release today!

Unfortunately no glimpse of said uniform but the airline has commissioned Ozwald Boateng to produce the collection for 32,000 uniformed staff. I'm guessing the images of him in a suit aren't the actual uniform but if they were i'd say they're at least very modern looking but I don't think what he has on is the actual product ( im sure any BA staff who were involved in focus groups will be able to confirm or deny).

British Airways - BRITISH DESIGNER OZWALD BOATENG TO DESIGN NEW UNIFORMS FOR BRITISH AIRWAYS
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
The CC sat next to me last week, who was commuting back to GLA, seemed to think the new uniforms were to be produced by Burberry, but apparently not !
She was Russian, so perhaps got mixed up between Boateng/Burberry.
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
I'm guessing the images of him in a suit aren't the actual uniform
I certainly hope not - a button-down collar with a fastened top button and no tie is not a good look...
marcopizzaiuolo likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
We have heightened nervousness, but pretty much anything is going to be better than the current outfit.
oldone likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
A reasonable mistake as I found myself refering back to his name while making the post to ensure I got it right 😂

New food, new togs for the staff, my lord it's like they're trying to turn the corner and project a higher standard 😋
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
... New food, new togs for the staff, my lord it's like they're trying to turn the corner and project a higher standard 😋
... and long might it continue ^
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:39 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Wasn't Ozwald Boateng associated with the Virgin brand at one point? Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I'm sure I remember some Boateng PJ's/amenity bags at some point in VS J a while ago!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
What a shame for him to his excellent brand tainted by the BA name.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
I certainly hope not - a button-down collar with a fastened top button and no tie is not a good look...
Indeed
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:03 am

It would appear that those in the BA Press Office certainly had their fix of coffee this morning with this being the 5th release today!

Unfortunately no glimpse of said uniform but the airline has commissioned Ozwald Boateng to produce the collection for 32,000 uniformed staff. I'm guessing the images of him in a suit aren't the actual uniform but if they were i'd say they're at least very modern looking but I don't think what he has on is the actual product ( im sure any BA staff who were involved in focus groups will be able to confirm or deny).

British Airways - BRITISH DESIGNER OZWALD BOATENG TO DESIGN NEW UNIFORMS FOR BRITISH AIRWAYS
The uniforms haven’t been designed yet.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
The CC sat next to me last week, who was commuting back to GLA, seemed to think the new uniforms were to be produced by Burberry, but apparently not !
She was Russian, so perhaps got mixed up between Boateng/Burberry.
That was just a rumour, as BA had said it would be a British designer. M&S was even more touted as the possible choice.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:13 am
Original Poster

@flygirl68 Ahhhhhhhh! Thanks for the update. They REALLY need to lay off the coffee machine in that office today if this is the case. Maybe they were trying to bury bad news with the multitude of press releases issued today but didn't realise the bad news hadn't gotten out ( I joke but also hope i'm wrong baring in mind recent issues!)
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:15 am

@flygirl68 Ahhhhhhhh! Thanks for the update. They REALLY need to lay off the coffee machine in that office today if this is the case. Maybe they were trying to bury bad news with the multitude of press releases issued today but didn't realise the bad news hadn't gotten out ( I joke but also hope i'm wrong baring in mind recent issues!)
You’re welcome. And regarding burying bad news, I think that’s exactly what they were trying to do.
masmadrid and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:16 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by T8191
We have heightened nervousness, but pretty much anything is going to be better than the current outfit.
I like the current uniform...
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I knew it was this designer but I can keep a secret, I will also keep a bigger secret.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.