FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1932592-sep-2023-ba-launch-new-ozwald-boateng-uniforms.html)

TWCLAM Sep 26, 2018 7:18 am

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

It would appear that those in the BA Press Office certainly had their fix of coffee this morning with this being the 5th release today!

Unfortunately no glimpse of said uniform but the airline has commissioned Ozwald Boateng to produce the collection for 32,000 uniformed staff. I'm guessing the images of him in a suit aren't the actual uniform but if they were i'd say they're at least very modern looking but I don't think what he has on is the actual product ( im sure any BA staff who were involved in focus groups will be able to confirm or deny).

British Airways - BRITISH DESIGNER OZWALD BOATENG TO DESIGN NEW UNIFORMS FOR BRITISH AIRWAYS

chris1922Mk2 Sep 26, 2018 8:08 am

The CC sat next to me last week, who was commuting back to GLA, seemed to think the new uniforms were to be produced by Burberry, but apparently not !
She was Russian, so perhaps got mixed up between Boateng/Burberry.

Deltus Sep 26, 2018 8:13 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM (Post 30247378)
I'm guessing the images of him in a suit aren't the actual uniform

I certainly hope not - a button-down collar with a fastened top button and no tie is not a good look...

T8191 Sep 26, 2018 8:19 am

We have heightened nervousness, but pretty much anything is going to be better than the current outfit.

TWCLAM Sep 26, 2018 8:20 am

A reasonable mistake as I found myself refering back to his name while making the post to ensure I got it right 😂

New food, new togs for the staff, my lord it's like they're trying to turn the corner and project a higher standard 😋

Tobias-UK Sep 26, 2018 8:32 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM (Post 30247598)
... New food, new togs for the staff, my lord it's like they're trying to turn the corner and project a higher standard 😋

... and long might it continue ^

AJLondon Sep 26, 2018 8:39 am

Wasn't Ozwald Boateng associated with the Virgin brand at one point? Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I'm sure I remember some Boateng PJ's/amenity bags at some point in VS J a while ago! :o

Can I help you Sep 26, 2018 9:35 am

What a shame for him to his excellent brand tainted by the BA name.

Horatio Sep 26, 2018 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Deltus (Post 30247568)
I certainly hope not - a button-down collar with a fastened top button and no tie is not a good look...

Indeed :o

flygirl68 Sep 26, 2018 10:03 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM (Post 30247378)
It would appear that those in the BA Press Office certainly had their fix of coffee this morning with this being the 5th release today!

Unfortunately no glimpse of said uniform but the airline has commissioned Ozwald Boateng to produce the collection for 32,000 uniformed staff. I'm guessing the images of him in a suit aren't the actual uniform but if they were i'd say they're at least very modern looking but I don't think what he has on is the actual product ( im sure any BA staff who were involved in focus groups will be able to confirm or deny).

British Airways - BRITISH DESIGNER OZWALD BOATENG TO DESIGN NEW UNIFORMS FOR BRITISH AIRWAYS

The uniforms haven’t been designed yet.

Skimo Sep 26, 2018 10:08 am

Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2 (Post 30247552)
The CC sat next to me last week, who was commuting back to GLA, seemed to think the new uniforms were to be produced by Burberry, but apparently not !
She was Russian, so perhaps got mixed up between Boateng/Burberry.

That was just a rumour, as BA had said it would be a British designer. M&S was even more touted as the possible choice.

TWCLAM Sep 26, 2018 10:13 am

@flygirl68 Ahhhhhhhh! Thanks for the update. They REALLY need to lay off the coffee machine in that office today if this is the case. Maybe they were trying to bury bad news with the multitude of press releases issued today but didn't realise the bad news hadn't gotten out ( I joke but also hope i'm wrong baring in mind recent issues!)

flygirl68 Sep 26, 2018 10:15 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM (Post 30248065)
@flygirl68 Ahhhhhhhh! Thanks for the update. They REALLY need to lay off the coffee machine in that office today if this is the case. Maybe they were trying to bury bad news with the multitude of press releases issued today but didn't realise the bad news hadn't gotten out ( I joke but also hope i'm wrong baring in mind recent issues!)

You’re welcome. And regarding burying bad news, I think that’s exactly what they were trying to do.

sxc Sep 26, 2018 10:16 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 30247594)
We have heightened nervousness, but pretty much anything is going to be better than the current outfit.

I like the current uniform...

Can I help you Sep 26, 2018 10:17 am

I knew it was this designer but I can keep a secret, I will also keep a bigger secret. :p