Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tube strike Piccadilly line - next date 7-8 November 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tube strike Piccadilly line - next date 7-8 November 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by tuff
Does anyone know if the TFL train (ex Heathrow Connect) departs from a particular platform?
I don't know whether it shows platform numbers any sooner than the departure boards at the station, but you might try this site: Realtime Trains | Departures from London Paddington

This is filtered for TfL Rail trains (ie code XR).
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Thanks - I've been checking that this morning but more often than not the platform for that particular train hasn't always been displayed! Typical....
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:54 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Does anyone know if the TFL train (ex Heathrow Connect) departs from a particular platform? I will be catching it this afternoon and would like to board asap if it is going to busy. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I don't know whether it shows platform numbers any sooner than the departure boards at the station, but you might try this site: Realtime Trains | Departures from London Paddington

Thanks - I've been checking that this morning but more often than not the platform for that particular train hasn't always been displayed! Typical....
The TfL trains tend to leave from platforms 11-14.

However, they are very prone to only being displayed very close to departure time - I think the tightest notification I ever saw on the monitors at the end of the walkway from the Hammersmith & City line was with under 90 seconds to departure, but I still made the train (although a 10 yard exclusion zone formed around me until I stopped sweating!).
tuff likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
I don't know whether it shows platform numbers any sooner than the departure boards at the station, but you might try this site: Realtime Trains Departures from London Paddington

it does at Euston.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Decided to risk it and got the Pic line at South Ken at around 4pm, and aside for the 12 min wait, all absolutely fine. No busier than a usual Friday afternoon. Suspect most people have found alternatives...
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Update: Just got on Piccadilly line at Holborn, 20 mins ago, heading to T5. No issues at all. Trains are half empty.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
According the the link posted above, TfL will accept paper tube tickets on TfL Rail, but contactless payments will incur the usual payment. SW Trains are also accepting paper tube tickets. You may find a machine in T4 that will do the needful. However there is an ambiguous line about refunds (we're not doing them but we might) for contactless.
Thanks for the tip and yes they do, I think! In the other direction, I bought a Ł6 one way Green Park to Heathrow Terminals LU paper ticket on my way to work this morning and then went to Paddington in the early afternoon to catch the 13.32pm TfL Rail service to T4 via T2 & 3 and then the free HEX to T5 from T2/T3. Waved through at Paddington and the barriers at T5 HEX were open so didn’t get to test if the ticket actually worked but was in GF via the First Wing just before 14.30pm.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
New strike date announced starting 7 Nov 1200- 8 Nov 1200.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: BA GGL
Wonderful! Still out of the country so completely unaffected
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:53 pm

My flight lands on Nov9, guess I’m sort of lucky...this time.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
This is an embarrassment to the UK, and this time BA is not to blame at all!
CosmosHuman and navylad like this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
This is an embarrassment to the UK, and this time BA is not to blame at all!
At the risk of going off topic, of all the embarrassing things happening to the UK at the moment a 48 hour strike on the Piccadilly Line is not amongst them. 😂
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I don't know whether it shows platform numbers any sooner than the departure boards at the station, but you might try this site: Realtime Trains Departures from London Paddington

The platform normally show the planned one in the timetable until about 5-10 minutes before departure when the train arrives on the inbound working. When it shows At platform it'll be showing the one that the train is actually in.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:53 pm

Even though the strike begins at 12 until 12 there will be a full service in operation until at least 4-5pm on the start day , as driver who book on for duty between 8-9am will finish there shift, it's the folllowing day to be aware of
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by mwp1
Even though the strike begins at 12 until 12 there will be a full service in operation until at least 4-5pm on the start day , as driver who book on for duty between 8-9am will finish there shift, it's the folllowing day to be aware of
i thought it usually meant the other way trains wound down early as they got to the depots before 12noon. One one strike drivers were abandoning trains at the start of the strike time and it was chaos. This was on the Jubilee line about four years ago.

This is why the strikes go from 12noon to 12 noon to cause maximum disruption as possible over a number of days.

They will howeverdo their best to run extra trains when drivers turn up for work but it shouldn’t be relied on vis a vie catching a flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.