Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

2 tickets booked in F but no seat selection avauilable

2 tickets booked in F but no seat selection avauilable

Old Sep 24, 18, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
2 tickets booked in F but no seat selection available

Booked two F seats just now to SFO on 380 service on the 4th October but nothing is available on the seatmap except one bassinet seat.

Should I be concerned? I didnt think they oversold in F?

Last edited by BHDATC; Sep 25, 18 at 1:55 am
Old Sep 24, 18, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
1A, 1K, and 4F are still available. As a GCH I am unclear why you wouldn't be able to see 1A and K as free? Availability is F3 A2 so it doesn't look fully booked.
Old Sep 24, 18, 5:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Is your BAEC number in the booking?

Have you been ticketed yet?
Old Sep 24, 18, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BHDATC View Post
Should I be concerned? I didnt think they oversold in F?
They do try not to oversell in F, but they will reportedly overbook by one at some stages.
Old Sep 24, 18, 11:57 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
As a GCH I am unclear why you wouldn't be able to see 1A and K as free?
I made a booking in F a couple of weeks ago and the website would not let me select 1A and 1K on B747 for some reason - the seats were depicted as unavailable even though I saw on Expertflyer that they were blocked rather than occupied. I had to call to have those pre-assigned.
Old Sep 25, 18, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Ba does oversell F just like any other cabin (some airlines like AF donít).
Old Sep 25, 18, 1:47 am
Original Poster

So for whaever reason during the booking it wouldnt show any seats as available but now i am in the booking post payment, I can, as per KARFA, see 1A and 1K but whilst I can book 1A for me, I cannot get 1K selected or my silver travel partner which makes little sense to me considering the rest of the cabin is blocked off.

I presume I will be doing the T-72 juggle to open that seat for her.

Thank you for the help - scary that they would overbook this cabin to status holders making a booking.
Old Sep 25, 18, 1:51 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I believe row 1 is only bookable by Golds (and above), so that might explain why you can't get 1K for your partner.
Old Sep 25, 18, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jagboi View Post
I believe row 1 is only bookable by Golds (and above), so that might explain why you can't get 1K for your partner.
This that is correct. It should open up to non golds at T-72 however I presumed with the lack of availability in the rest of the cabin that policy would be void. They are still selling the cabin I notice at £8000 so good luck to whoever buys that. Standing room only.
Old Sep 25, 18, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
I would 100% make a 5 minute phone call and you never know!! They might release the other seat.
Old Sep 25, 18, 2:20 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
This that is correct. It should open up to non golds at T-72 however I presumed with the lack of availability in the rest of the cabin that policy would be void. They are still selling the cabin I notice at £8000 so good luck to whoever buys that. Standing room only.
There is only one seat for sale left on that flight which seems to indicate this is not being oversold.
Whoever takes it will either have 1K if status holder or 4F if not.
The price movements in F follow that of other cabins eg the busier the higher the price, though one would think the relationship should be inverted in that cabin...
Old Sep 25, 18, 2:30 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I have read on here that BA only overbook F by one seat maximum, if they do it at all, depending upon their overbooking algorithm.
Old Sep 25, 18, 2:42 am

Programs: BA GFL / GGL, Mucci Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
I often find when I book that Row 1 isn't available at the point of purchase, even when I am logged in. Once I have paid, I come out of the booking, go back in, and Row 1 is available. This may be what's happened here.

Of course that doesn't help you with the seat selection for your travelling partner, who would have to be a Gold or above to get the Row 1 seat allocated. However on an A380 you'll some way apart in 1A & 1K anyway..
Old Sep 25, 18, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
So for whaever reason during the booking it wouldnt show any seats as available ...
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
I often find when I book that Row 1 isn't available at the point of purchase, even when I am logged in. Once I have paid, I come out of the booking, go back in, and Row 1 is available. This may be what's happened here.
It's frequently been noted that trying to pre-allocate seats during the booking process is often problematic. The seat map is much more reliable after the booking is confirmed. Personally, I've stopped even trying to pre-allocate seats during the booking process. EF shows me the seat map, and I can usually be pretty confident that the 2 or 3 minutes it takes to go into MMB after the booking is confirmed won't make a difference.
Old Sep 25, 18, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post

Of course that doesn't help you with the seat selection for your travelling partner, who would have to be a Gold or above to get the Row 1 seat allocated. However on an A380 you'll some way apart in 1A & 1K anyway..
Very true though It's a little better than 1A and 4F.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: