BA at London-Gatwick 2019

Old Apr 4, 19, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul View Post
I wonder how BA will react to Delta/Virgin starting LGW to New York and Boston in 2020? Perhaps Norwegian has more to worry about concerning that though.
Some consider this a block to Jet Blue.its on Delta metal so may indeed have some impact on BA and DY ( and DL!)
Old Apr 4, 19, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
Post on the DL board says DL are more concerned about shutting JetBlue down than Norwegian.

I hope this forces BA to up their game and improve the reliability of their JFK flight (that and the timing of the LGW-JFK leg are what puts me off the BA LGW flight and willing to make the trek to LHR or LCY for the Babybus)

A lunchtime / early afternoon DL departure would suit me admirably.
Old Apr 5, 19, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
I wonder whether this will be VS metal actually...VS do have a large following in the leisure market at LGW. Could be a better proposition. But that might suggest the mighty DL would rather hae more of the LHR slot pool for its own metal...which is of course a conspiracy theory only
Old Apr 5, 19, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given that it was DL that put the release out then I'd say these will be DL operated flights.

I can't find any VS press release about this which you'd expect if they were going to be VS operated flights..
Old Apr 5, 19, 8:10 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
VS/DL are currently sniffing around the TCX long haul operation which is up for Sale so maybe the actual operator may be neither DL or VS.
Old Jun 5, 19, 2:12 pm

Programs: Bronze, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Does anybody know if there will be any form of flight connections when the new domestic arrival route opens or will all passengers have to exit to landside and then re-clear security using the main security area in departures?
Old Jun 5, 19, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Sirius Gold, Hertz PC, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by SonTech View Post
Does anybody know if there will be any form of flight connections when the new domestic arrival route opens or will all passengers have to exit to landside and then re-clear security using the main security area in departures?
See this thread LGW - domestic connections
Old Jun 5, 19, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SonTech View Post
The document package in the planning application for the new domestic baggage reclaim area outlines that there will, located in the now redundant old lower level checkin B area. But given that internal alterations do not need to be shown there is no further details there.
Old Jun 27, 19, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (11/Dec/18)

​​​I managed to grab a quick picture through the doors opposite Gate 5 for the future domestic arrivals route.
Akoz likes this.

Last edited by mtikky; Jun 27, 19 at 9:30 am Reason: Rogue I
Old Jun 27, 19, 10:26 am

No clues to transfers on the signage though.
Old Jun 27, 19, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

maybe, just maybe, the area isn't finished yet and they are waiting to hang them from the celiing??
Old Jun 27, 19, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Maybe, just maybe, they will hang the signage after the fix the flooring

Is it just me or does the flooring look horrendous?
Old Jun 27, 19, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas View Post
Maybe, just maybe, they will hang the signage after the fix the flooring

Is it just me or does the flooring look horrendous?
Floor covering has not been laid yet, only the edge tiles look like they have been stuck down.

I'm hoping that the space above the baggage reclaim text will be for transfers signage. (It might not be ready to open yet and may come later, but the new arrivals route and baggage reclaim was due to open by the end of July).
Old Jun 27, 19, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (11/Dec/18)
Originally Posted by Akoz View Post
Floor covering has not been laid yet, only the edge tiles look like they have been stuck down.

I'm hoping that the space above the baggage reclaim text will be for transfers signage. (It might not be ready to open yet and may come later, but the new arrivals route and baggage reclaim was due to open by the end of July).
Builders site signage and temporary flooring was definitely in situ there this afternoon. Both double doors next to gate 5 led into that new corridor. I presume transfers will be redirected back into the departure lounge bypassing domestic arrivals...
Old Jun 27, 19, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul View Post
At the moment the G-MID aircraft are also being reconfigured from 168 to 180 like the LHR aircraft. I think a couple have been done already.
What type of seats will these end up with, the old BMI ones, the BA Pinnacles or the slimline seats in the rear of the Neos? Or perhaps some combination?

Search this Thread