BA at London-Gatwick 2019

Old Apr 4, 19, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul View Post
I wonder how BA will react to Delta/Virgin starting LGW to New York and Boston in 2020? Perhaps Norwegian has more to worry about concerning that though.
Some consider this a block to Jet Blue.its on Delta metal so may indeed have some impact on BA and DY ( and DL!)
Old Apr 4, 19, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA (GOLD), VS
Post on the DL board says DL are more concerned about shutting JetBlue down than Norwegian.

I hope this forces BA to up their game and improve the reliability of their JFK flight (that and the timing of the LGW-JFK leg are what puts me off the BA LGW flight and willing to make the trek to LHR or LCY for the Babybus)

A lunchtime / early afternoon DL departure would suit me admirably.
Old Apr 5, 19, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
I wonder whether this will be VS metal actually...VS do have a large following in the leisure market at LGW. Could be a better proposition. But that might suggest the mighty DL would rather hae more of the LHR slot pool for its own metal...which is of course a conspiracy theory only
Old Apr 5, 19, 8:05 am

Programs: BA (GOLD), VS
Given that it was DL that put the release out then I'd say these will be DL operated flights.

I can't find any VS press release about this which you'd expect if they were going to be VS operated flights..
Old Apr 5, 19, 8:10 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
VS/DL are currently sniffing around the TCX long haul operation which is up for Sale so maybe the actual operator may be neither DL or VS.