Wiki Posts
Search

Avios booking GST tax from India

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Acid
I read recently on a blog that they were able to price it correctly by calling BAEC. The problem is not just India specific - I've seen incorrect pricing on some asia routes also before.
I read it on a Blog too. Can't find which one it was though for reference.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I read it on a Blog too. Can't find which one it was though for reference.
Here it is (not sure if FT rules allow posting external links):

https://livefromalounge.boardingarea...vel-india-gst/
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Acid
Here it is (not sure if FT rules allow posting external links):

https://livefromalounge.boardingarea...vel-india-gst/
That's the one. So it is possible. Nice to be called an A**hole and told its not from the excellent BA CS rep.

BTW I am seriously considering asking BA for a copy of that phone call which I am entitled to. Let's see what they say.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Further update. Asked BA to send it off to the fares department and no call back for 7 days. Called up this morning and spoke with them who advised that the taxes were correct and they would not change it.

Called up the Indian BA EC and she knew straight away what I was asking for. Put me on hold repriced the ticket and told me the taxes would be £224. Saving me £100 as the website quotes £324. Processed payment and got the tickets.

BA is blatantly overcharging people tax that the Indian government does not claim from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.