Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR Baby-Changing Room is also the Prayer Room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR Baby-Changing Room is also the Prayer Room?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:51 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, discussing religious issues is entirely the preserve of OMNI/PR, and extending that to here will only lead to the thread being closed.

The issue here is the use of a CCR room for a non-intended purpose by a staff member, with the associated fallout. Let’s keep the discussion to that, please.

/mod
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
My guess the person was trying not to get themselves into trouble, life on Ł10.20 an hour can be pretty precarious, but lying about Saleh (or anything else) isn't great, assorted ha'dith explain why and the possible remedies.
Interesting context, thanks c-w-s (and you’ve got me looking this up now, as religious teachings are not something I know much about).

I can understand someone not wanting to get into trouble for doing something that isn’t strictly permitted, but lying is (or at least should be) a big no-no in a service industry - or anywhere else.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Appalling. This should be a fireable offence IMO.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:45 pm

I do not support the lying, but wonder if there is a way for a person to sit quietly somewhere and honor
their religion. While in a museum in Europe, I recently saw a person sitting quietly praying on a bench
at the appointed time. She was not an employee, however, so I do not know how an observant staff person
would honor their faith and their commitment. In the US schools are required to offer a space for students
during Ramadan.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Perhaps they have done so in the past and have received a less than sympathetic or understanding reaction hence feeling the need for the white lie.
white lie?!? Really? Perhaps you're unfamiliar with the use of that term. A "white lie" is a mistruth to avoid hurting someone's feelings. This isn't a "white lie" at all.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by frandrake
Appalling. This should be a fireable offence IMO.
I am sure repeatedly doing it after being told not to, would be, but for a first offence? Not a great way to build go staff relations or motivate your staff.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.