Checking in at IST

Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Row9
I passed through Istanbul this morning using the App boarding pass without any problems.
For the international flight, be aware that there’s often an additional security check at the gate for BA, which is at the opposite end of the terminal to the lounge so allow plenty of time.
Good luck with the domestic terminal, it’s awful!
the domestic terminal is the old international terminal, feels like a time warp to the old days! Anyway last few months of its operation so enjoy the vintage feel while it lasts!
Row9 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That you are right about Ahmet, when I go through Domestic, I am constantly amazed when I remember that less than 20 years ago the entire IST operation went through those few gates.........
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hfly
When was that? 12 years ago? I can assure you that I flown out of IST hundreds if not thousands of times, almost never have a printed boarding pass (meaning maybe 1 out of 100 flights) and there is no such issue, and I always use my phone.
Last went through IST 2 years ago, was turned back and told in no uncertain terms that I needed a printed pass?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Last went through IST 2 years ago, was turned back and told in no uncertain terms that I needed a printed pass?
I suspect even 2 years ago that was an error by whoever you were dealing with, but these days IST is as easy with App, tablet, Watch and MMS boarding passes as anywhere else in Europe. TK, the overwhelming user of IST, has very similar functionality as BA.com, perhaps a bit slicker in some areas.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As CWS says the issue was 100% something other than not just having a printed boarding pass.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I suspect even 2 years ago that was an error by whoever you were dealing with, but these days IST is as easy with App, tablet, Watch and MMS boarding passes as anywhere else in Europe. TK, the overwhelming user of IST, has very similar functionality as BA.com, perhaps a bit slicker in some areas.
On reflection, this may have been SAW rather than IST, to be honest I'm not entirely sure but I do remember booking a split BA out / U2 back itinerary once...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.