Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alcohol consumption in CE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
If you fly with BA and choose to engage with the crew, expect them to respond in kind - it’s far more in their DNA than any cost cutting ...

I’d not want it any other way.
Couldn't agree more ^
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Given that this was a UK-bound flight, the CC member was perhaps minded to offer a well-intentioned suggestion that your consumption was - if measured on a pro-rata basis in relation to NHS guidelines (total units per week advisory is 14, I believe ?) - somewhat excessive.

I really don’t see there was any discourtesy or malice intended. Think of it rather as a case of the CC having your interests at heart. Along with the interests of your liver, and your overall health .......
edi-traveller likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
Wouldn't think anything about it.
I usually don't drink on flights, but had 2 of those small bottles on my LGW-AMS flight last week where I was the only one actively being served. Cabin crew encouraged to get a second actually ("you should enjoy yourself")
She made a comment how I had to be wobbly when we were waiting to disembark. Mind you, I'm a 2 meter and hovering around 19-20 stone man. Not like 2 small bottles of champagne is really gonna do much to me.
Just a bit of lighthearted banter really.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: BA GGL
I've managed three on a 70min flight before. Crew could have called me anything at the end and I wouldn't have cared.
Sealink likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:41 am

Pity that crew member wont be on the LHR-GIB for the do. He might need to re calibrate his thoughts about well oiled
Sealink and Calchas like this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Reminds me of those people who have a drink and are quite merry, then suddenly have a personality change and start becoming aggressive and say stuff like "Are you looking at me?!"

Last edited by Sealink; Sep 21, 2018 at 2:58 am
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Also, and I've tried to ignore it, it's "acceptable".
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Don't think it was rude at all, just plain silly- how can anyone be well oiled after only 4 drinks in three hours ?
Sealink likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I've managed three on a 70min flight before. Crew could have called me anything at the end and I wouldn't have cared.
The legendary FT Champagne consumption report was, admittedly, on a 'somewhat' longer flight, on a non-BA aircraft, with non-BA standard Champagne and in full bottles. Despite the OP not faced with a thrown-off-the-plane situation, this would, however, not have been an easy operation on this flight.

This must surely be the benchmark of in-flight Champagne drinking.

Last edited by onobond; Sep 21, 2018 at 3:29 am Reason: mistake corrected
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Grande Annee

Me too
Moi aussi

Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:10 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Way too over sensitive... and exceptable isn’t a word.
edi-traveller likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Both my wife and I have had FA ask us if we wanted more, and that was when they made the landing announcement
There is nothing to worry about
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
We always get very drunk and the Cabin Crew always make fun of us for being drunkards - it's the expected rapport and I'm glad we give them some amusement with our embarrassing behaviour
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Just a friendly cabin crew member trying to be engaging and having a laugh. No issue at all.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is 2018, these people are crew, staff. or flight attendants as the case may be. They are not stewards & stewardesses who are servants. If one is so sensitive that one cannot take a bit of good-natured joshing, then one is overly sensitive to how much one drinks and perhaps that is a warning from oneself.

The alternative here is to have the cabin crew do what they are theoretically required to do and to cut you off before you are oiled at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.