600 tier point but no BA flights

Old Sep 20, 18, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold,honours diamond,spg Platinum,Marriott Platium
600 tier point but no BA flights

i am currently silver with 600 tier points due this year from aa flights in USA will I get downgraded with no Ba flights.
does Ba economy count toward the 4 flights
Old Sep 20, 18, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by alexb1212 View Post
i am currently silver with 600 tier points due this year from aa flights in USA will I get downgraded with no Ba flights.
I believe any flight operating with a "BAXXXX" flight number counts. Yes economy is fine. Yes you will be downgraded if you don't take any.
Someone correct me if it actually has to be BA metal?
Old Sep 20, 18, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Silver; LH FTL; IHG Spire; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold; ALL Silver; Hertz 5*; Starbucks Gold!
Nope, doesn't have to be BA metal, any BA flight number will count (or any flight number on BA metal). Alternatively, you can qualify based on IB flights, but then it has to be IB metal *and* an IB flight number.
Old Sep 20, 18, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
To be eligible flights they must be either marketed or operated by BA, or they must be marketed and operated by IB. So any metal booked under a BA codeshare would work or a BA metal flight booked under any codeshare would work.

If you don't get your 4 flights you won't get silver even if you have earned 600 TPs.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb

Eligible flights are defined as those flights marketed or operated by British Airways and those flights marketed and operated by Iberia.

-'Marketed' means the flight will have a BA flight number (in your itinerary or on your ticket).
-'Operated' means the aircraft that you travel on is a British Airways aircraft (including franchises and BACityflyer).
-'Marketed and operated by Iberia' means the flight will have an IB flight number and the aircraft you travel on is an Iberia aircraft (including franchises).

Reward bookings and agency or industry discounted bookings are not eligible.
Old Sep 20, 18, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers View Post
Someone correct me if it actually has to be BA metal?
Each flight must be:-
  • A flight onto which you have booked using the BA flight number (ie the BA flight number must appear on your ticket).
  • A flight operated by BA, regardless of which airline's flight number is on your ticket.
  • A flight operated by IB on which you travel using a ticket specifying the IB flight number.
In all cases, that flight must earn Avios and TPs to be one of the eligible flights.
Old Sep 20, 18, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It does. If you are USA based just book those economy flights with BA. AA operated but with a BA flight number counts to this total.
Old Sep 20, 18, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by george77300 View Post
If you are USA based just book those economy flights with BA. AA operated but with a BA flight number counts to this total.
But if the OP (whose location says "Scotland") had earned those 600 TPs from AA flights within the US ("aa flights in USA" was what the OP said), then BA codes would not have been an option for those flights.
Old Sep 20, 18, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by george77300 View Post
It does. If you are USA based just book those economy flights with BA. AA operated but with a BA flight number counts to this total.
But you're not going to get a BA code on purely US domestic flights, you'll need to be connecting to an international flight.
Old Sep 20, 18, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
You will get downgraded as the 4 flights are a mandatory requirement. Any BA economy flight will do. The cheapest of the cheap will count.

So just do the cheapest you can get from EDI/GLA/INV to London and back twice or... try a flight to Dublin. It may be cheaper to fly EDI/GLA/INV to Dublin via London and you'll have your four flights in one go... or AMS... or BHD... Just check prices and find out what's cheapest.
Old Sep 20, 18, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold,honours diamond,spg Platinum,Marriott Platium
Thanks for all the advise will do the cheap domestic to London or dublin
Old Sep 21, 18, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
What's the worry when your FT status says you are BA Gold
Old Sep 21, 18, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver IHG Platinum Elite
Isn't your progress to renewal / upgrade clearly shown on the BA app under the heading "My account"?
Old Sep 21, 18, 7:09 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by quakered View Post
Isn't your progress to renewal / upgrade clearly shown on the BA app under the heading "My account"?
The BA app is prone to show misleading info re: status progress. IME the BA website is the most reliable (as far as verifying your progress is concerned)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: