Search

New Club World to/from Vegas?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
New Club World to/from Vegas?

Hi all,

Got a trip to Vegas coming up and wondering if I can expect the new (well I suppose now not so new!) club service and products? BA website, and the thread here, seems to suggest so but I know it'll be one of the old 52J 747's which hasn't been refurbished (boo) and not sure if that has an effect at all?

Thanks all!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
My understanding is that the LHR-LAS route uses the older non Super-J planes. For your sake I hope I'm wrong!

Do you have the flight booked? You should be able to see from the seat map how big the cabin is on the main deck. Even if you're not booked you could do a dummy booking (seat selection is one of the last steps before payment).

Alternatively post up the dates and flights and someone would be able to check easily.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

you will get the new bedding and catering but still the old ife until some of the aircraft get reequipped with updated ife
​​​​​​regards

tbs
CloudGazer likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Thanks for the replies all.

Knew I'd still have the old IFE as they're not upgrading those old planes (boo!)

But good to know about the bedding/service/meals.

Cheers!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by flyer_tom
and the thread here, seems to suggest so but I know it'll be one of the old 52J 747's which hasn't been refurbished (boo) and not sure if that has an effect at all?
Refurbished interiors and the new service are entirely unrelated. The only effect of plane constraints on the new service is that some cabins have end up having more elements of hand delivered service rather than trolley but that's all. The thread that you mention is up to date (to my knowledge) and certainly there is no "downgrading" of routes so if your route is listed as new service that is what you are getting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.