Club World without alcohol - yeek!

Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just have a lemonade when I travel and in pubs. The coke / pepsi and diet / non diet issue is too complicated in pubs restaurants etc.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Lefly
Are these available somewhere airside in LHR? I Like very much the first two
I was going to mention these. I took a punt on the first one from my local supermarket in Dublin, then bought about 12 cans. When they ran out and weren't re-stocked, they still had the Apple one left, so I took a punt, then bought out all of them.

These are SO good. It's literally pressed juice and sparkling water but the taste... it just explodes in your mouth. They're SO good!

BA would do well to get these bad boys on board. Really surprised at how much I liked them (and healthy too!)
Frequent flyer 101 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
These are rather good. Carry an empty water bottle through security, fill in the lounge or on board, and drop the equivalent of a fruit tea-bag in to it.
Frequent flyer 101 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
In Japan, if you go there, you can get the fabulous Pocari Sweat in powder form to make at home (or carry onto the aircraft). I admit it's not for everyone but I love the stuff (in moderation, it is somewhat sugary).

One can also get single serve sachets of lemon juice (for example, on Amazon) which allow one to make lemon water in-flight or add lemon to tea when it's not available from the tea supplier.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xPositor
These are rather good. Carry an empty water bottle through security, fill in the lounge or on board, and drop the equivalent of a fruit tea-bag in to it.

this too--i know us americans love our iced tea--but if you have a water bottle, fill and add a fruity tea bag and in several hours you will have a nice fruity tea and ask for a glass of ice!

i dont know why i never thought of this for longhauls, but great idea Positor!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
BA really isn't great for non-alcoholic options. With two kids who don't like fizzy drinks, I generally end up packing one of those little super concentrated squeezy squash bottles for them.

For me personally this isn't an issue as I'm generally mainlining LPGS.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone - got some good suggestions there.

Not heard of the Seedlip stuff before - think I'll try some of that at home before I go.

It won't quite be the same without the fizzy stuff and the red wine with dinner but I'd rather not feel like rubbish when I get there. As long as there's plenty of sparkling water I'll be happy!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xPositor
I think I saw the Twinings Cold Infuse range in CCR yesterday.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
yes there is a whole range in a mini display thing on the bar with a few different flavours. has been there since the start of the month i think. i will try and take a photo next time i am there and post. where is the proper Yorkshire Tea tho???
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Even better they've got them in Tesco! Will try them today!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
Shame they don't do mocktails like QR. Am rather fond of their apple cooler.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Karen762
Even better they've got them in Tesco! Will try them today!
Waitrose and Amazon are doing a starter, which is a branded bottle and three bags for a fiver. Otherwise the cheapest place I've seen the bags is direct from Twinings themselves.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Karen762
Thanks everyone - got some good suggestions there.

Not heard of the Seedlip stuff before - think I'll try some of that at home before I go.

It won't quite be the same without the fizzy stuff and the red wine with dinner but I'd rather not feel like rubbish when I get there. As long as there's plenty of sparkling water I'll be happy!
Seedlip is ok as a G&T alternative, albeit unexciting and also not the easiest to get hold of. Although noticed this week my local Waitrose are now stocking although unsure whether this is long term or a teaser.
OT, but QR do a great zero alcohol rose fizzy, -So Jennie.
Have to support those who trumpet the benefits of not drinking alcohol while flying. It was a revelation the first time I arrived at end of a LH not feeling rubbish.Jet lag is a problem for most people and can be managed within limits. But being hung over is entirely avoidable.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:28 am

They were serving this with the kids meal and some of the specialty meals on a recent QR flight. Really tasty and reminded me of all those Tony & Harry cartoons I used to watch as a kid.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:56 am

Fresh lime soda is typical in South Asia. Soda, lemon/lime and salt or sugar (or a bit of both). Salty is actually very good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.