Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Ex-EU may be going wrong - can YouFirst help protect LHR flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ex-EU may be going wrong - can YouFirst help protect LHR flight?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by binman
CONGRATULATIONS!

As for Your First. Incompetent and useless best sums them up. Good only for booking a Spa treatment and even that is a challenge for them.
To be fair, like the rest of BA, my experience has been mixed. Sometimes incompetence works in your favour
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by binman
As for Your First. Incompetent and useless best sums them up. Good only for booking a Spa treatment and even that is a challenge for them.
Disempowered?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Ok I am an idiot. Left my work phone on the plane, the day before going away for 10 days where I desperately need the VPN access. Rushing back to LCY but I assume I'll be out of luck arriving back there 1 hour after landing?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by s1362083
Ok I am an idiot. Left my work phone on the plane, the day before going away for 10 days where I desperately need the VPN access. Rushing back to LCY but I assume I'll be out of luck arriving back there 1 hour after landing?
Good luck! It is not unusual for those to be brought to lost and found if discovered in the cleaning process or whilst disembarking (I myself told the crew last week about somebody who had lost their driver's license on their seat!!!) fingers crossed!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Good luck!
Thanks, just got it back. What a day!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:32 pm

That must be a relief. Could you let us know next week's lottery numbers when you get a minute?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, congratulations again, though this may not be so good for your blood pressure. You may need to slow down a bit, in order to go faster.......
Cymro, s1362083 and bisonrav like this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
As a data point, I once missed a positioning flight to DUB (on FR!) from MAN at the start of an ex-EU to the USA. Arriving at the BA desk, deeply hungover, an agent was able to lop off the DUB-LHR sector and transplant a MAN-LHR sector in its place, albeit in domestic business at a cost of Ł200. The rest of the ticket held together, despite the agents concerns that it might later autocancel.

My recommendation: Never allow yourself to end up in this situation but, failing that, get yourself to any BA desk at any airport as soon as you can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.