Wiki Posts
Search

Straight through security?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Straight through security?

Hi,
We are doing our first tier point run next week to Gibraltar from Terminal 3. Having not flown out of Terminal 3 before and not flown with no checked baggage, I wasn't quite sure of the arrangement. The website does state just to go straight through security. Is this the case and will my mobile app boarding pass be suitable or will I need to print one off?

Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by jamessnewman
Hi,
We are doing our first tier point run next week to Gibraltar from Terminal 3. Having not flown out of Terminal 3 before and not flown with no checked baggage, I wasn't quite sure of the arrangement. The website does state just to go straight through security. Is this the case and will my mobile app boarding pass be suitable or will I need to print one off?

Thanks
Yes go straight to security and a mobile BP will be fine
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Hi,

Thanks
Hi, That is correct if you have the mobile BP should be fine. Security is upstairs so you most likely will pass next to the normal BA checkin desks anyway but just smile and wave as you going up on the escalator. Fast track would be on your left hand side.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your help :-) Look forward to the smile and wave as I go up the escalator.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Thank you for your help :-) Look forward to the smile and wave as I go up the escalator.
It's a liberating experience - from now on you'll only want to travel with Hand Luggage and will despise all check-in desks!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Use the fast track to skip the duty free, then proceed directly to the Cathay Pacific lounge.
RockyRobin and Dubliner1 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Absolutely
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:01 am
Original Poster

I'm only bronze at the moment so no lounge for me :-( Any suggestions to burn some time?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I'm only bronze at the moment so no lounge for me :-( Any suggestions to burn some time?
find a decent bar?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by fotographer
find a decent bar?
or a ≥Silver willing to get you into the CX lounge as a guest?
Dubliner1 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Sorry, I misread and thought you had Silver status. I'm afraid lounge access doesn't apply then.

I can only suggest looking around the shops or going to one of the restaurants; "Rhubarb" is alright from what I remember. There's also a Yo sushi for the less formal conveyor sushi experience. There's also Caffé Nero, EAT and Pret for sandwiches. The general seating area is also not too bad to sit and read something most of the time (crowded at peak times, but OK offpeak).

The fourth page of the maps of T3 here show the choice and arrangement of shops and restaurants:

https://www.heathrow.com/file_source...row_T3_Map.pdf
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
You're doing a TP run in ET? Because if you're in Club, the lounge is available...
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Yep Tp run in ET I'm afraid. Only needed 20 TP and they wanted £1100 return in CE which seemed a little bit steep!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.