Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do mixed fleet crew get different recommendation on GGL/GCH service?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do mixed fleet crew get different recommendation on GGL/GCH service?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We get exactly the same feedback as MFCC explains and are rated in the same way but no bonuses.
MFCC likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Exec
As already mentioned above, all crew on all fleets now have a Dashboard which collates together a whole host of data. Included in that data is the average of the scores or grades given by customers on flights operated by that crewmember.

My understanding is that the scores are based on the NPS system, whereby the Dashboard reflects the % of customers who have graded their overall satisfaction with the cabin crew on a given flight 8 or more out of 10 (these customers are the ‘promoters’). Not all customers on a given flight will be asked to fill in a survey - just a selected few. And of those surveys that are sent out, not all will include questions about the cabin crew experience.

Depending on that crew member’s rank and fleet, the scores can be further broken down by cabin (‘premium’) and flight type (‘longhaul’). There are of course targets to be met, so this boils down to performance management. This motivates some staff, but not others - perhaps depending on what the implications of not meeting targets may be (from negligible, to achieving a smaller part of any applicable bonus pot, to being put on a performance improvement plan etc.)

There is no mention anywhere in the Service Standards of having to give away free bottles of water or what-not on short-haul flights - just a recognition conversation, time permitting. If certain crew are giving away complimentary product to status customers in Euro Traveller, that is entirely because they have decided that it is appropriate for whatever reason - however, there is certainly nothing in the Standards to suggest or even direct that this should be happening.

It could be because they are hoping for some sort of recognition in return, or it could just be because they believe it makes good business sense, as far as they are concerned.

To answer the original question, there is NO difference in the way in which status customers are recognised by British Airways crew, reglardless of fleet. There IS a difference in the way in which those same crew are remunerated, rewarded and performance managed. But there’s nothing secret about that!

Last edited by Bar Operator; Sep 18, 2018 at 9:32 am
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well explained by Bar Operator but in my opinion the whole system is prone to misuse and slightly corrupt.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Well explained by Bar Operator but in my opinion the whole system is prone to misuse and slightly corrupt.
Could well be.

In fairness, there are plenty of crew that just take personal pride and satisfaction in doing a good job and aren’t too fussed about their Dashboard..
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree and I count myself as being one of those, however I don’t like hearing some of the “extras” some crew feel are appropriate and I’m afraid that MF crew are normally the worst offenders due to the financial gain.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Can I help you
...I’m afraid that MF crew are normally the worst offenders due to the financial gain.
Not surprising, I guess, given how much less they are paid than their WW counterparts.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
It doesn't help that on my most recent flights, BA has text me the survey before I've even flown. Last Thursday for example I got the message through whilst sat in Galleries about an hour before departure. On my way back I got the message on my way to the airport. By the time I had landed in each case it was back to business and I'd forgotten about the messages until this thread. tried to reply now and it's too late. Which is a shame as I had excellent crews on both flights and would have happily filled in the surveys to that extent if I'd been prompted on landing. I would suggest this kind of error skews the overall results towards a negative because a customer who is upset and wants to complain will actively seek out a way to do this - probably more so than someone who was perfectly happy with the service.

If my bonus was affected by systems like this, I'd be annoyed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.