Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA209 Crew - Thank You

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by fin_dg
So instead of calling out human decency as a good thing we keep quiet about it? That’s complete bs. I’m done.
No good deed goes unpunished.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Exactly, and I do remember him mentioning one time at least that such behavior (basically upgrades at crew discretion) are not approved by the management. This is sad indeed, no denying. Nevertheless the image painted of BA management on this board should not be a surprise.
I'm a manager; there's a few hundreds of us Band 1 and 2s still in the company. Whilst cretins and buffoons abound, not everyone is like this. In fact, I'd say that the overwhelming majority isn't.

If I were the OP, I'd perhaps send feedback on the lines of "Well done to the crew of BA 209 on day XX for having looked after a frail gentleman and his wife particularly well. Your kindness hasn't gone unnoticed". Send it on BA.com/thankyou, or Twitter. You know what you mean, crew will, and it's totally jobsworth-proof.

That's only my own 2 pence.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:12 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
@fin_dg, whilst nothing as significant as a WT to CW upgrade - which would certainly be well outside policy given you’re talking about a two cabin shift - many of us here will have been afforded small favours by crew. It might be something as small as a bottle of water on ET instead of a cup from the potable water tank. Even then, it is not something I would personally directly mention in a “Well Done” submission - I would be carefully wording along the lines of “excellent customer service ethic recognising the needs of an individual” or “fantastic recognition of status”.

You will not be doing anyone any favours at all - not those who might need an upgrade in future, not the crew - if you recite the absolute truth here. If it’s documented and all in order the connection from your report will be made anyway. If it’s not you will merely be potentially landing a very kind set of human beings in trouble. That’s surely not your intention?
LTN Phobia and truncated like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.