Search

No free seats WT+

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
No free seats WT+

Hi All

i am currently in Seattle and wil be travelling back to LHR on Tues night (BA 0048). I have just lost silver and so now back to bronze which I think means I can select a seat a week in advance.

I checked then and there was only one seat available in the midddle off the row of 4 so I thought I would hang on for something better. According to the travel agency that booked the flight (work trip so we have to go through them) the flight is overbooked.

Looking now on the App it shows no seats available at all in WT+. Does this mean I have been bumped off unless something shifts between now and departure ?

Any thoughts or tips much appreciated. Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I would try to OLCI as soon as T-24 happens and get to the airport relatively early.

It sounds like there is potential for some op-ups which would free the WT+ seats up

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:39 pm

Expert Flyer is showing all seats taken in WT+ except 4 seats which are blocked - 33A, E, F and K.

Flight is busy:

F1 A0 J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W2 E0 T0 Y2 B0
H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys.
I think those are the bassinet seats.

Agent told me business was also full (and economy) with a few seats left in first.

i miss my Silver.......
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:53 pm

Your travel agent is wrong. The flight os oversold not overbooked. If at departure time there are not enough seats only then does it become overbooked. BA are very good at managing inventory. In between now and Tuesday some passengers will change flights, some will miss connections and as a last resort BA will buy some off. You will be safe.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Consider turning up at Sea-Tac around 3 or 2 hours early, with a few Plan B's researched..... Would the sky fall in if you went the next day?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by rapidex
Your travel agent is wrong. The flight os oversold not overbooked. If at departure time there are not enough seats only then does it become overbooked. BA are very good at managing inventory. In between now and Tuesday some passengers will change flights, some will miss connections and as a last resort BA will buy some off. You will be safe.
I believe it is the other way around. The flight is currently overbooked because there are more seats sold than the aircraft has available. It will only be oversold if enough passengers show up at the gate by the boarding deadline to exceed the number of seats available.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by ManfredvonRichthofen
Thanks guys.
I think those are the bassinet seats.

Agent told me business was also full (and economy) with a few seats left in first.

i miss my Silver.......
Tier Point run time ! Justification !
ft543 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:26 pm

I see that there is a flight out on American Airlines leaving after BA 48 that involves a connection in Chicago, but might serve as a possible "back up plan."

For the future, the most obvious choice is the one that no one has mentioned. If you don't get free seat selection but knowing you have a seat and knowing which one matters to you, pay for seat selection.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all

and CWS - yes will be turning up to seatac as early as possible. Likely only to be able to make it 2 hrs before due to work commitments but we will see. Ordinarily going the next day would be fine (more than fine) with me but I have early morning meetings in south of France on Friday so this time would be problematic.

i will look to OLCI exactly 24 hrs before and see if any of those bassinet seats are available, whilst also looking into other plan Bs

thanks again
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Pt flyer
thanks will look into that option. This was actually a fairly late booking so even if I had paid there was only one seat open in the middle of the row of 4
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Consider turning up at Sea-Tac around 3 or 2 hours early, with a few Plan B's researched..... Would the sky fall in if you went the next day?
If needed, Isn't BA's policy to deny boarding in economy, and downgrade in other cabins? In which case the OP risks a downgrade rather than an offload?
Dambus likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cauchy
If needed, Isn't BA's policy to deny boarding in economy, and downgrade in other cabins? In which case the OP risks a downgrade rather than an offload?
I was thinking more in terms of pro-actively asking if they wanted volunteers and what the deal would be. However the OP has a rendez-vous to make so hopefully OLCI will do the trick. SEA is an interesting route, the BA service does make some good connections for those in the tech industries there wanting to get to UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe, and so on something like 2 flights a month they are very full and then two days later the aircraft is nothing like full.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:19 pm

W2 J0 would suggest to me there really are two WT+ seats to be sold as CW is full so can't be planning upgrades (otherwise why not be W2 J2 and reduce in sync if a seat got sold in either cabin) but of course it is v complex and also v fluid on a busy flight

So you should be OK and get something, one of the bassinet positions perhaps at the airport.
Cymro likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
A similar query, although with availability displays at the opposite end of the scale: No seats to choose. WTP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.