Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No free seats WT+

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Sorry to hear about your downgrade. Do insist on getting the EC261 compensation. Unfortunately, in the case of downgrades, BA often try to get away with ‘refunding a fare difference’ which usually disadvantages the downgrade victim. That position is not legally tenable, they must offer you what the regulation says. If they did not ask for volunteers first, I’d also write to complain.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
File a DOT complaint as well. Flight leaves the US so theset also be a good way to see compensation that you yourself may get.
vulle likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by zabes64
File a DOT complaint as well. Flight leaves the US so theset also be a good way to see compensation that you yourself may get.
The traveller gets EC261 compensation anyway.
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.