Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

WTP Madrid to London 777

so am booked in euro traveller from
madrid to London tomorrow.

I noticed on the way out that WTP was being used presumably by Euro Traveller

using online check in the seat map
shows 2-4-2 configuration across whole aircraft

is this a mistake or do some flights to/from MAD leave WTP empty ?

currently have 18J and hoping it’s WTP and an aisle.

any thoughts ?

Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WT+ is usually a premium cabin when a longhaul plane is used within Europe
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
WT+ is usually a premium cabin when a longhaul plane is used within Europe
Incorrect. The 777 to MAD runs its lie-flat CW seats as CE. From what I've seen this year WTP seats are available to ET. Unaware how these are allocated, however, the last flight I was on, maybe 8wks ago, WTP was being used as WT seating.
KeaneJohn and george77300 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both -- yes i flew out CE on flat bed (no duvets, pillows or washbags though). I´ve had a look at flightstats and basource and its G-ZZZA operating and basource shows 18J as an aisle in WTP. Let´s see what happens tomorrow !!
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Incorrect. The 777 to MAD runs its lie-flat CW seats as CE. From what I've seen this year WTP seats are available to ET. Unaware how these are allocated, however, the last flight I was on, maybe 8wks ago, WTP was being used as WT seating.
Actually, not incorrect. When the LH 767 was used to IST and ATH WT+ was usually CE... and I recall the same to MAD too. Of course that is not guaranteed, hence the usually in my statement.

edited to add - WT+ does now show as ET but fully blocked. I wonder if this the rule for 4 class planes running Euro routes now?
Skipcool3 likes this.

Last edited by Swanhunter; Sep 15, 2018 at 2:30 pm
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver

Actually, not incorrect. When the LH 767 was used to IST and ATH WT+ was usually CE... and I recall the same to MAD too. Of course that is not guaranteed, hence the usually in my statement.
That's correct that when the longhaul 767s were still around and operating shorthaul routes (as substitutes rather than on a regular basis), WTP was sold as CE if there weren't enough seats in the CW cabin to accommodate all CE passengers.

The 777 is a regular daily fixture on the MAD route, and WTP is always sold as ET (with seats often held back for status passengers). F is sometimes available for CE passengers (often just for status passengers) when the CW cabin is full. The particular 777s used are either 77Ws or G-VII* 772s.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:37 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
The WTP cabin on the 777 was used three weeks ago for ET. CW seating being the CE cabin.

Ba.com MMB was showing the WTP cabin as blocked . However it was possible to select seats in the WTP cabin with ET tickets before check in opened via Qantas.com.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Earlier this year, I saw the WTP section on a three class 777 to MAD was used as CE.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL

edited to add - WT+ does now show as ET but fully blocked. I wonder if this the rule for 4 class planes running Euro routes now?
If it's a full plane it'd be a shame to not run CE into F. I've not seen this happen, but I've only flown the route about three times in the last 18mnths.

Last time I flew the WTP cabin was definitely used as ET. As you say, however, this may fluctuate (just to ensure BA' s inconsistency, eh?!). I've never witnessed this myself though.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
If it's a full plane it'd be a shame to not run CE into F. I've not seen this happen, but I've only flown the route about three times in the last 18mnths.
My companion and I came back from Madrid in F last Wednesday so it can happen. Very nice it was too!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
My MAD-LHR on a 777 in ET enabled me to travel WTP. I think when loads dictate it’s used otherwise it’s blocked off. Likewise the F cabin is sometimes used for CE but it’s more common from what I’ve seen for WTP to be used as Eat than F as CE.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Live from on board

so am live on board at this moment ...

G-ZZZA

first is being used for CE. Saw three people settling in as I got on

club is full !!

Wtp is full (yes I managed to get a WTP seat) and peering behind WT looks fairly full too !!

TTmex likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Last week and the week before I was on BA460/461 on 4 Class B777-200’s, I was only able to select seats in the WT cabin although WTP was being used (and mostly full on the 461 MAD-LHR). WT was not quite full so I don’t know how it would have been possible to get a seat in WTP, I suspect that as I was on really cheap economy tickets booked well in advance that I was restricted to the WT only cabin.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
Last week and the week before I was on BA460/461 on 4 Class B777-200’s, I was only able to select seats in the WT cabin although WTP was being used (and mostly full on the 461 MAD-LHR). WT was not quite full so I don’t know how it would have been possible to get a seat in WTP, I suspect that as I was on really cheap economy tickets booked well in advance that I was restricted to the WT only cabin.
Do you have status? WTP is often reserved for Gold/Silver members travelling in ET.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Genius1
Do you have status? WTP is often reserved for Gold/Silver members travelling in ET.
Yes, Silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.