Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WTP Madrid to London 777

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Nimrod1965

Yes, Silver.
It may be that some flights it's blocked for Golds.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Genius1
It may be that some flights it's blocked for Golds.
Maybe, but last Tuesday on the MAD-LHR, I was in 26H (aisle) and a Gold was in 26K (window). Middle was free and this is an exit row so plenty of room but I did wonder how to get WTP as it wasn’t available to me to select at any time from booking.
As said though, my tickets were really cheap as I booked months ago (company travel policy is cheapest economy possible, preferably non-flexible) so that might be the reason.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
I was able to select a seat in WTP, as a bronze member, in July. WT was rammed.
Nimrod1965 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Those of you who did manage to select a seat in WTP, how far out did they show as available. Am flying out on 21st Dec and just before christmas thinking it may be busy enough to use the WTP cabin,
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
This is one of the few SH flights where I’d heartedly recommend upgrading with Avios or cash given the use of the CW cabin and also the potential for Flub if you ask nicely. I was lucky and managed to get Flub on both the out and return trip last time I went to MAD. Worth paying attention to the seat map at T-72.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by criso
Those of you who did manage to select a seat in WTP, how far out did they show as available. Am flying out on 21st Dec and just before christmas thinking it may be busy enough to use the WTP cabin,
Both of mine were allocated at LHR on check in. In Expert Flyer it showed WTP as being used with empty seats but on Ba.com WTP wasn’t delectable on MMB or at online check in. Gold here travelling on the £79 day return fares booked 12-36 hrs before,
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

Both of mine were allocated at LHR on check in. In Expert Flyer it showed WTP as being used with empty seats but on Ba.com WTP wasn’t delectable on MMB or at online check in. Gold here travelling on the £79 day return fares booked 12-36 hrs before,
Expertflyer currently shows as blocked but it may not be full enough to open up. I'm only silver and can't remember how much the flight cost but was booked late enough that the cheap fares had gone and it's H class. I'll ask when I get to Heathrow if nothing shows up.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by criso
Expertflyer currently shows as blocked but it may not be full enough to open up. I'm only silver and can't remember how much the flight cost but was booked late enough that the cheap fares had gone and it's H class. I'll ask when I get to Heathrow if nothing shows up.
its blocked for me too if I log into ExpertFlyer as Gold but I do see 3 of the 4 sets of 2 seats at the back still available. If that was me and I was travelling by myself I’d be inclined to go for one of those and hope tactical seating sets in.

Good luck,
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:27 am

I'm currently in row 28 which are the bulkhead seats with the bassinet in the diagram. Whatever happens it'll be better than my usual trip to Mad which is not on the 777 as the times don't necessarily work for work trips.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:54 am

WTP opened up yesterday so moved myself to row 22. My sister is travelling with me but on a different pnr so I can't book seats for her. She has no status but they are available for her to pay for. We'll see if she can get one free at check in.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
This is one of the few SH flights where I’d heartedly recommend upgrading with Avios or cash given the use of the CW cabin and also the potential for Flub if you ask nicely. I was lucky and managed to get Flub on both the out and return trip last time I went to MAD. Worth paying attention to the seat map at T-72.
In all my years on FT I've never heard the term Flub before...
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:36 am

I'm booked on an Iberia A340 flight in economy, and was able to choose Premium Economy seats - they call them XL seats.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I'm booked on an Iberia A340 flight in economy, and was able to choose Premium Economy seats - they call them XL seats.
I imagine (complete guess) they promote this product on this shorthaul route (for free) to attract future (paying) customers in Y+ on longaul. When I was on the A346 back in March, Y+ was completely empty.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Originally Posted by florens
I imagine (complete guess) they promote this product on this shorthaul route (for free) to attract future (paying) customers in Y+ on longaul. When I was on the A346 back in March, Y+ was completely empty.
They used to leave the Y+ cabin empty on MAD-LHR, but it was available on LHR-MAD as it was opened up at T-72 on FLY. Iberia now use their own system at LHR.

Meanwhile, IB launched a "XL seat" product, which is essentially extra legroom seats on the A321s (up to row 14, I believe). The A320s had extra legroom up to row 7 but this has been enhanced away recently. The Y+ cabin on the A346 was wrapped into this initiative, and can now be selected from the time of booking just like any other XL seat throughout the shorthaul network: anyone can pay, or anyone with sufficient status can sit there free.
florens likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: BA GGL
Bumping this old thread as this is what I currently see. Assuming the three rows of WTP (currently blocked) is causing error for C and H rows to not show? Seems like a pretty ridiculous error. Think I'm safe with a middle aisle selection. Hopeful that WTP will open in the near future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.