Wiki Posts
Search

CCR card no good in Singapore?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Well, I've been there something like 15-18 times. I'm not a big fan for a number of reasons, though it is quiet, but neither do I recognise any of "it has a cheap seedy feel about it and is poorly maintained. Also some rumors suggest the ventilation is very bad." as matching any of my experiences.
I agree, it's dark and quiet (as in normally lacking in much noise), and it's often small and a bit cold but it doesn't feel seedy, cheap or poorly maintained, nor poorly ventilated.

Definitely not somewhere for daylight lovers though.

I like the place as a place to do productive work. Less disruptions, and staff members are attentive so they keep me fed with water or whatever I need without needing to get up.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by OldFruity
BA 11 delayed 2 hrs for some reason.
Probably this: A380 maintenance Singapore.

If that is right, then G-XLEI operated BA11 LHR-SIN on 15 September, and will go to MNL for maintenance. G-XLEH has finished maintenance in MNL, and has been at CRK today waiting to be ferried to SIN to operate your BA12 SIN-LHR; she arrived at SIN at about 2315.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I agree, it's dark and quiet (as in normally lacking in much noise), and it's often small and a bit cold but it doesn't feel seedy, cheap or poorly maintained, nor poorly ventilated.

Definitely not somewhere for daylight lovers though.

I like the place as a place to do productive work. Less disruptions, and staff members are attentive so they keep me fed with water or whatever I need without needing to get up.
Indeed, but in terms of light and outlook, it's the whole lounge which is pretty mediocre, not just the CCB. Showers are poor too. On the whole, the QF lounge is a lot better, but the CCB offer the unique addition of a very quiet room...
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I sense a good opportunity to plug my report here:

Pictorial Lounge Review: SIN British Airways Lounge and Concorde Bar
orbitmic, Tobias-UK and KARFA like this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Globaliser It appears that youve got it in one.
OF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.