Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

I wonder if we will just miss each other again? I might even guest you in
So generous I might slum it in QF
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I thought you didn't fly "pleb classes"?
Sometimes we make exceptions, sacrifices we make for ....
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Seems a bit silly to deny the small number of CCR card holders access to Concorde bars, dining etc. at outstations.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Mike P
Seems a bit silly to deny the small number of CCR card holders access to Concorde bars, dining etc. at outstations.
Not as silly as denying a fare paying First Class passenger access to First Dining because an economy passenger (who happens to have a CCR card) and their guest got there first.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:09 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
It's a pity that neither the Concorde Bar or the QF lounge do a Singapore Sling in SIN
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Mike P
It is pretty small and I do not think there are many more than 28 seats, (if that), so for some departures I can see an absurd situation of F passengers not being able to get a seat because of CCR card holders. Besides, a few tables can take 4 but generally used by 1 or 2 so in reality, the situation is probably a bit poor during some hours when 12 and 16 are departing close together, and add in some guests and the CCB at SIN quickly gets crowded.

I would be a bit miffed if the place was packed out by CCR card holders who are not in F and I cannot find a table when flying F (speaking as a CCR card holder here).

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Sep 16, 2018 at 3:49 am
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by swiss_global
I certainly have been admitted to the Singapore Concorde Bar based on my Concorde card (flying J), last January. However, I don't think you miss too much if you don't get in. It's very dark and the food options are actually identical to the lounge. So the only difference is the premium spirits ... in a trade off with the dark atmosphere ...
.....and, as I think I have remarked before, it is often cold due to excess air-conditioning!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CCayley
Not as silly as denying a fare paying First Class passenger access to First Dining because an economy passenger (who happens to have a CCR card) and their guest got there first.
were F passengers being denied access on that basis? I don’t remember seeing any posts about it on here before?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by morges1
.....and, as I think I have remarked before, it is often cold due to excess air-conditioning!
Greeting my dear friend ^

I am hoping this little issue has been resolved, on my last few visits the temperature has been fine. The thermostat appears set at a much more comfortable level.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by carrotjuice

True. But they get terribly crowded before BA flights, after QF shifted their hub from DXB back to SIN.
When I flew through SIN recently the QF Lounge had a queue extending almost to the door to the BA lounge. The BA lounge was virtually empty. As I was only after a shower that suited me fine.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA

were F passengers being denied access on that basis? I don’t remember seeing any posts about it on here before?
As regards SIN, I've seen the Concorde section quite busy and as LTN Phobia points out, it is entirely possible that the whole area might be needed by F passengers. I have seen F passengers being told they would have to wait for the (much lamented) F dining at PHL because no tables were available, so I think it's perfectly reasonable to suppose that some of these locations couldn't accommodate F passengers if any significant number of CCR holders and their guests were let in.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by CCayley
As regards SIN, I've seen the Concorde section quite busy and as LTN Phobia points out, it is entirely possible that the whole area might be needed by F passengers. I have seen F passengers being told they would have to wait for the (much lamented) F dining at PHL because no tables were available, so I think it's perfectly reasonable to suppose that some of these locations couldn't accommodate F passengers if any significant number of CCR holders and their guests were let in.
I suspect a “significant number” of CCR holders in one place at the same time under normal circumstances may well be no more than 2, there really aren’t roving gangs of us wandering around together all the time

EDIT: just to add when it comes to the SIN CCB, which doesn’t have good reviews on FT, it very much seems to be Schrodingers lounge if you believe everything on here, simultaneously too poor to be worth going to yet too busy to get in to if ones tries!
Gastrocnemius likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Sep 16, 2018 at 4:23 am
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

I suspect a “significant number” of CCR holders in one place at the same time under normal circumstances may well be no more than 2, there really aren’t roving gangs of us wandering around together all the time
Apparently there are gangs (an importance) of GGLs regularly appearing at LHR, TLL, HEL, OTP, PHX and HNL
Markie and KARFA like this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Apparently there are gangs (an importance) of GGLs regularly appearing at LHR, TLL, HEL, OTP, PHX and HNL
haha, they were definitely not normal circumstances
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Sometimes we make exceptions, sacrifices we make for ....
With the rest of the 'rafts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.