Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help: delayed AY 1332 puts connection to ARN (AY 813) at risk today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;

Hi, I need some advice please.

im on the 1332 from lhr to hel due to arrive now at 15.22 at gate 55 and my final flight back to ARN is due to begin boarding at 15.49 at gate 22, which is a 20 min walk from 55 according to AY site.

will they off load me? And put me on a later flight to ARN , or worse, to Bromma tonight? Both flights on same record locator.

however, I then have a ARN to LHR flight booked for BA at 18.05. I will probably not make that now?

should I be booking a one way ARN to LHR for Sunday?

thanks for any help in short timescales

PS this is my 24th flight in 7 days, including a 16 sector Panama trip from LA.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Those timings are just about do-able at HEL. If you can use the e-gates at Schengen (on the left side) it can be done in under 10 minutes. 20 minutes is an exaggeration in my view.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:21 am
Original Poster

At what point would they unload me tho? Thanks CWS, really appreciate the info.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:22 am

You will highly likely make it. Have your passport handy so you are not faffing around your bags to retrieve it. AY staff are generally aware of connecting passengers, so will hold out closing the ARN flight for as long as they can.

Don't dawdle.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Ok, thanks guys, will let you know how I get on.

24 flights, evacuation stations at 4.30 am at RDU and the only problem is getting out of LHR on time!
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Made it!
thanks. Arn delayed by 10 mins. Hel landed about 3.26. Its a long way, especially going against the busy flow of Asian passengers.

no security tho, which was great, and as you both suggested, the passport scanner saved my bacon. About 8 in use and about 4 people using them. Got to gate22 before they started boarding - using scanners not agents and they had group number logic. The guy in front of me set the alarm and she called him back because he was Group 2. Smart system that seemed to work v well.

nearly there, 2 flights to go!

again a big thanks for the support as i would probably have booked a hotel and new flight without your knowledge sharing. wj
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
Made it!
thanks. Arn delayed by 10 mins. Hel landed about 3.26. Its a long way, especially going against the busy flow of Asian passengers.
Congratulations, though personally I didn't have many doubts. Even on a bus gate I think you would have made it, HEL is pretty good for tight transfers even if you have to cover quite a lot of ground. Yes, it's a busier day for flying than I expected, looking around the airports today, and slow moving clumps of slightly-uncertain, slow-moving passengers do try one's patience somewhat. A few gentle "sumimasen", and some discreet head nodding with a big smile tends to do the trick.
wanderingjock and Cymro like this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Lol! The pilot has just said that we are ready to go, but we have to wait for a connecting passenger so we will be delayed by a further 10 to 15 mins.

obviously that passenger is not on FlyerTalk!
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:16 am

I'm not surprised you made it

Enjoy the very short hop over to Arlanda.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Intrigued to hear about your overall itinerary and requisite TPs etc!

Glad you made your connection - HEL is super efficient, although the Hilton HEL isn't a bad place to be stranded either!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by so3003
Intrigued to hear about your overall itinerary and requisite TPs etc!

Glad you made your connection - HEL is super efficient, although the Hilton HEL isn't a bad place to be stranded either!
Thks!

LHR - ARN ticket1 Thu 40
ARN-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX ticket2 Thu-Fri 400
LAX-SAN-PHX-PHL-RDU-CLT-JAX-MIA-PTY ticket3 Sat-Sun 420
PTY-MIA-MCO-CLT-RDU-PHL-PHX-LAS-LAX ticket3 Tue-Wed 400 (phx-las was in coach, long story about Hurricane changes)
LAX-JFK-LHR-HEL-ARN ticket2 Fri-Sat 400
ARN-LHR ticket1 Sat 40

total 1700TP; ticket costs - 1 = £159, 2 = £1650 ($2120), 3 = £922 ($1206)

Hotels in HEL 1 night, LAX 1 night, PTY 2 nights (at the W which was fab), RDU 1 night, LAX 2 nights

A friend flew directly to LAX and then joined me on ticket 3 - but he split the Record locator when we were in PTY as he thought Hurricane would disrupt us, so wanted to be proactive. He went PTY-MIA-DFW-LAX. He is AA execplat and was interested in the miles travelled, so not too worried about the stops. I headed North from Miami on original route and got caught in the exodus from RDU where security lines were out of the terminal building - but managed to complete the trip back to LAX for 5.30pm on the Wednesday - and then headed to the Forum to watch the Eagles play a concert Exhausted, but really worth the effort. wj
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Likely to be the same most of this week.

Alot of universities go back in the next couple of weeks and international students tend to start a week earlier.

It wont be just the airports that are busy, certain cities will be the same with groups of students walking round heads up in the air looking up at pretty buildings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.