Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class seats on 744 vs. 772

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Business class seats on 744 vs. 772

Hi I apologize is this topic has already been addressed. I'm wondering whether the seats on BA's B744s are older and in more need of refurbishment than their B772s. I will be traveling to London and can choose between the two aircraft, I can either route through two different cities (Seattle or San Diego).

I love the upper deck but if the seats are appreciably newer on the 772s, I'd likely shoot for that one. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks you.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Hands down, upper deck.
Cymro likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Seats are essentially the same.

There are differences in IFE, but even then, a refurbished 747 will beat a refurbished 777 with the unrefurbished planes being equally poor.

Upper deck 747 by a mile, therefore. Both SEA and SAN are not great for connections (or lounges I think, certainly not in the case of SEA) so unless you need to connect to Alaska, they probably aren't the obvious choice of stopover airport.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro
Seats are essentially the same.

There are differences in IFE, but even then, a refurbished 747 will beat a refurbished 777 with the unrefurbished planes being equally poor.

Upper deck 747 by a mile, therefore. Both SEA and SAN are not great for connections (or lounges I think, certainly not in the case of SEA) so unless you need to connect to Alaska, they probably aren't the obvious choice of stopover airport.
I'm using American Advantage points to travel from SFO-LHR. The only availability seems to be a connection in SEA or SAN. SEA is a 777 and SAN is a 744. The nonstops ex SFO and LAX aren't available. Nor are any AA transatlantic flights. Sort of crummy for a flight in the dead of winter in January.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iker
I'm using American Advantage points to travel from SFO-LHR. The only availability seems to be a connection in SEA or SAN. SEA is a 777 and SAN is a 744. The nonstops ex SFO and LAX aren't available. Nor are any AA transatlantic flights. Sort of crummy for a flight in the dead of winter in January.
Have a look on www.baredemptionfinder.com

There do seem to be options - particularly early in the week.

Between them, SJC and SFO offer business class availability every day in January except 10/11/12, 17/18/19 and 31.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.