Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uniform standards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I understand that it it is not just public and BA that see Crew wearing unifom as on being on duty, but eg Police.

For instance , if cabin crew drives home after their shift and wearing uniform, if stopped n breathalised then due to wearing uniform are over uk limit based on airline operating lower dui of half limit that joe public are allowed.

Maybe an obvious distinction if airline employee driving to work/airport and thus intends to crew airplane whilst over aircraft dui figure, but maybe less well known (unfair even?) that going home the lower figure also applies if in uniform
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by JamesKidd
Does it really matter ? What if he changed on board ? Would you still offload him ?
of course it matters

does it matter if he turned up in shorts and flip flops? where do you draw the line?

are you against dress codes all together?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:11 am

I was interviewing for front line position (ie to have to be formal smart) and a young chap came up in jeans and flip flops, no tie - As I knew his Mum I told him to go home and come back in suitable attire for this interview and then I would see him -
He never came back...His Mum went mental at him (when he was actually bothered to get out of bed the next day)
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by babats
Who knows,, he may have changed them once on board
I would expect this was the case. I’ve started seeing this a lot more over the last year whenever I have an occasional meeting Glasgow. There seems to be a trend amongst men and women to wear comfier shoes for the journey into work and then change into shoes more appropriate for business dress one you get there.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:10 am

Thing is - if you wear the full uniform to go into work then you must wear it in accordance with the rules and regs when in Public eye -- so wearing trainers from the staff car park or the Tube to T5 crew report I'm sorry is a big no no

There has to be a story behind this one coz I simply find it unbelievable he has these Nike trainers on!
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by france77
of course it matters

does it matter if he turned up in shorts and flip flops? where do you draw the line?
Somewhere between flip flops and trainers perhaps?

But really, I'm impressed at what people are prepared to get worked up about and the lengths they are prepared to go when they do. Clandestine airline uniform photography to advance a trivial debate on an internet forum, apparently. I thought my week was a bit lacklustre... now I'm feeling better : )
HIDDY, 1Aturnleft and BABenchley like this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rog747

There has to be a story behind this one coz I simply find it unbelievable
Medical reasons according to the last thread on here.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Dan72
Somewhere between flip flops and trainers perhaps?

But really, I'm impressed at what people are prepared to get worked up about and the lengths they are prepared to go when they do. Clandestine airline uniform photography to advance a trivial debate on an internet forum, apparently. I thought my week was a bit lacklustre... now I'm feeling better : )
always impressed how people who claim a debate to be trivial have the time to read through all the posts and then to conjure up a reply!
Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Medical reasons according to the last thread on here.
Maybe - but that seems to be pure rumour control on this forum - I would be very surprised that BA even on medical grounds would allow him to arrive at work at T5 in those shoes.
As mentioned above a CSD here would have offloaded him, I would have too. (Retired now lol)

Even in these 'huggy' fluffy PC days of ''we don't upset anyone'' that how the guy is permitted to wear these -
A plain black soft - yes maybe - but not a designer trainer -

If he has ''medical needs''

A/
should he be flying with feet/leg problems in a safety critical environment?

and B/
it makes a nonsense about ''he can change them on board'' - What's' the point, he already has soft shoes on?

Last edited by rog747; Sep 15, 2018 at 1:16 am
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:52 am

There is no way those shoes would have been missed in the briefing by a CSD or CSM. So for whatever reason they have been okayed. That’s all any of us need to know really.
Dan72 and argonath like this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BunnyVanny
The form doesn't always look like a form. It must match with the requirements. In this case, let it be dressed in anything. My opinion.
Sorry, what does this mean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.