Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
seems to give the answer thanks! although one of the official pictures has a main salad and dessert without the starter - perhaps the 'starter' will be absent on band 1?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by jfallesen
There is a post over on Turning Left For Less with sample menu offerings:
Club Europe: What’s on the menu? – what meals you will get when & on what routes

Wasn't sure whether this would be relevant to post in the "official" thread so posted it here. If mods deem it appropriate in the other thread, I'm happy to move it.
I would have thought this would be beneficial in the main thread as it is very informative with examples of menus - if wholly depressing wherever it is posted....

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 12, 2018 at 3:27 am
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Please please stop breakfast at 08:00. Or at least offer brunch after 08:00am on Bands 3 & 4 flights.
I despise breakfast offerings too!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Bloody foreigners!

The British Breakfast is sacred, and is legally required to be served at all British establishments. As much as I enjoyed the recent 'Brunch' offering, I really do enjoy an English (Irish, Scottish, Welsh) Breakfast. I never have them at home, so do enjoy them on my travels.

For those not disposed to this great British institution, it appears you now have the option for something a little different.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be

You should’ve realised by now that the bands are not strictly just distance based.
Maybe so, but you'd think that they would consider the fact that VIE is a popular business route too. It's obvious why MAD was kept in band 3 as others have mentioned.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
i am not surprised, doesn't the bacon and sausage conflict with your religious views?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...09&postcount=6
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Bloody foreigners!

The British Breakfast is sacred, and is legally required to be served at all British establishments. As much as I enjoyed the recent 'Brunch' offering, I really do enjoy an English (Irish, Scottish, Welsh) Breakfast. I never have them at home, so do enjoy them on my travels.

For those not disposed to this great British institution, it appears you now have the option for something a little different.
As long as the black pudding remains
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by rapidex
As long as the black pudding remains
i'm afraid it hasn't made an appearance on CE menus for a very, very long time!

And for the records, I wish those of you who fight for black pudding in English breakfast (agree) would add kidneys to their plea (just as necessary!!) If you're gonna do it, do it well is what I say!!

(on a serious note, on the face of it and whilst waiting to experience all this in person to confirm my judgement, I despise the look of almost all the changes BA are proposing here except precisely the reintroduction of a cold plate option for breakkie which I very much welcome!)
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
i am not surprised, doesn't the bacon and sausage conflict with your religious views?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...09&postcount=6
Kosher breakfasts are absolutely disgusting on BA - and @Charlie26r Who decided to try them last time he traveled with me can attest to that!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Why is there now a wine glass on the tray? Does that mean that secondary drinks (e.g. a glass of water) will now be served in ET-style plastic cups? Or will the bar trolley still produce proper glassware when required?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Deltus
Why is there now a wine glass on the tray? Does that mean that secondary drinks (e.g. a glass of water) will now be served in ET-style plastic cups? Or will the bar trolley still produce proper glassware when required?
i seem to remember this is how it used to be prior to 2017, so there would be a glass already on the tray. further drinks were still served in glasses too. under the CE catering just finished the crew always had a tray full of extra glassware as well so i don't see that changing here.
Deltus likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by KARFA
i seem to remember this is how it used to be prior to 2017, so there would be a glass already on the tray. further drinks were still served in glasses too. under the CE catering just finished the crew always had a tray full of extra glassware as well so i don't see that changing here.
Correct, pre 2017 changes glass was always on the tray (together with a hot drink cup). It made sense, as on pre-meal drink run you could have a gin and tonic, then with the meal they've asked what wine you wanted. I guess it will make it marginally faster for the crew to prepare the tray.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:29 am

Kosher breakfasts are absolutely disgusting on BA - and @Charlie26r Who decided to try them last time he traveled with me can attest to that!
Indeed. I am one of those old fashioned people who believe that eggs should actually come out of shells rather than out of cartons in the form of indescribable mixtures that contain an absurd list of dodgy additives, thickeners, colourings, etc. Unfortunately, BA and most airlines disagree with me (exceptions include CX F, AF F, OS long haul J, etc) and both regular and kosher eggy breakfasts are thus off limit for me.

I think my strategy is as follows on bands 1/2 (former short and medium):

Breakfast: I'll give the new cold plate one try. If I'll like it, I'll stick to it, if not I'll revert to my current choice of AVML
Brunch: Unless I like the cold plate in 1, I'll continue costing BA extra money extra money by ordering KSML
Lunch/Dinner: Again, I'll give the new salads one try. If they have become significantly bigger and better, I'll give them a chance, if not, again, it will be KSML
Afternoon tea: I don't plan to even try that as it is a concept I personally dislike, and will order either Gluten Free or AVML.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
Correct, pre 2017 changes glass was always on the tray (together with a hot drink cup). It made sense, as on pre-meal drink run you could have a gin and tonic, then with the meal they've asked what wine you wanted. I guess it will make it marginally faster for the crew to prepare the tray.
And more importantly it makes the tray look a little bit less empty than it would otherwise!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
I’ve actually (thanks to BA) renounced my faith; the kosher offering on board was dreadful, once you got into it! I shall return to the delights of a cooked breakfast from hereon in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.