Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

G-GATL - No middle table in 2D-2F (not a A320neo)

Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

Is this a new thing or do you reckon it’s just broken? I’ve noticed that 1A and 1C don’t have the table either.

How many Avios can I get? (Kidding )
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by ringingup
Is this a new thing or do you reckon it’s just broken? I’ve noticed that 1A and 1C don’t have the table either.

How many Avios can I get? (Kidding )
As far as I am aware, the tables are being removed fleet wide.

Which is a total from me. The table is a real point of differentiation in Club Europe.

It looks great, it's useful and will be missed.
florens, SKT-DK, jfallesen and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by FlightDetective

Which is a total from me. The table is a real point of differentiation in Club Europe.

It looks great, it's useful and will be missed.
Agreed. Crap decision. The table is one of the things that differentiated CE from the intra European competition.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
i don't think i had seen that suggested before? even the densified A321s still have them. so far only the A32neos have no tables.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
On a G-GATx aircraft, the middle table in 1B has to be stored for take off and landing - presumably as there is no bulkhead between those seats and the crew jump seats. Depending on when you looked that could explain its absence.

Not sure why 2E should not have a table, unless broken. Did the other rows have tables?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
i don't think i had seen that suggested before? even the densified A321s still have them. so far only the A32neos have no tables.
I was under the impression from Head for Points in February that they were going. In addition, I thought I had seen it elsewhere saying they were being removed fleet wide.

It makes no sense to have tables on some aircraft and not others, so my belief was the existing tables were also being removed.

Happy to be corrected though!
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
It makes no sense to have tables on some aircraft and not others, so my belief was the existing tables were also being removed.
You expect consistency from BA?

Also, aren't there some aircraft (LGW based A319 comes to mind, maybe ex-BMI) where the "table" is formed by a section of the seatback being folded down? Presumably those would remain so there would be some inconsistency anyway. Maybe they are being removed where they can be? Like others, I'd find that a shame...
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I was under the impression from Head for Points in February that they were going. In addition, I thought I had seen it elsewhere saying they were being removed fleet wide.

Happy to be corrected though!
all i can really add is that they were still on the densified a321 (G-EUXK) i flew on recently,
volar likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
all i can really add is that they were still on the densified a321 (G-EUXK) i flew on recently,
The densified A321 still have the same seat in all rows and the CE tables (none of the slimline no recline seats). The A320neo however has the old seats in the front half without the CE table and the new no recline slimlines as the rest of the rows.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
All other rows had the middle table.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
All other rows had the middle table.
Must of been broken then...
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by george77300
The densified A321 still have the same seat in all rows and the CE tables (none of the slimline no recline seats). The A320neo however has the old seats in the front half without the CE table and the new no recline slimlines as the rest of the rows.
Well, I always expected them to re-use the rear cabin seats on the new aircraft considering how new they are and presumably how expensive.

My hope is they fit them with tables for Club Europe though. That would be the ideal solution, because the table is great!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
That's good to know. I thought they were going!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by volar
That's good to know. I thought they were going!
Yes the densified A321 have Pinnacle seats throughout and all have CE tables up front. Only the neos have no tables and the no recline slimlines in the back currently. Also no plans to retrofit the ceos with this configuration yet.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Well, I always expected them to re-use the rear cabin seats on the new aircraft considering how new they are and presumably how expensive.

My hope is they fit them with tables for Club Europe though. That would be the ideal solution, because the table is great!
Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick there won't be any to 're-use' - I think BA will have ordered more of the same (Pinnacle) seats for the front rows of the NEOs and for the additional rows squeezed into the densified aircraft. It's a shame that the NEO version appears to have no middle table though as I too think it's a useful feature.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.