TPRun
TravellerFrequently
Print Wikipost

TLV Mini DO Sat Jun 22nd 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Cymro
Also are TLV hotel prices typically as high as they are at the various Hiltons that weekend?
Sadly yes, between general costs there and exchange rate issues it's not too nice right now. This could of course change significantly by June next year.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I would be intrested in going on this. Would someone let me know the route they taking. Best I could get is Ł1k MAD-TLV with IB
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Fitch
Ah, OK
I meant that there may be sabbath observing members (based on the correlation to KSML eaters*). If you move to a Friday midday event you have a chance to gain more members.

Clearly follow on meets can continue on Friday night/Saturday of course

(*Correlation is< 1 but still high)
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Air Europa is selling J seats for Ł571 and have much better timing than IB: https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#fl...648*.GBP.92648
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by megaloman
Air Europa is selling J seats for Ł571 and have much better timing than IB: https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#fl...648*.GBP.92648
A bit OT, but it's interesting to note that UX now has more MAD-TLV flights than IB. This is probably due to their aggressive pricing and marketing strategy on this route. Last month I flew TLV-MAD (and back) in J for $480.
To me UX's pricing strategy on this route seems similar to what bmi did on the LHR-TLV route. Hopefully this time it will work out better, but they have already caused IB's services to TLV to drastically change (they lowered the frequency and changed the aircraft).
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by seaskybound
I meant that there may be sabbath observing members (based on the correlation to KSML eaters*). If you move to a Friday midday event you have a chance to gain more members.

Clearly follow on meets can continue on Friday night/Saturday of course

(*Correlation is< 1 but still high)
Worth noting that a Saturday evening do would still allow observant members in TLV to join late on - sunset is at 19.49 (v. early compared to Europe) so still doable, while also enabling positioning for those not wanting to take time off work. I suppose a Friday/Saturday combo as you suggest could cover all bases.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Costs and timings aren't great but there may be ways to make it work. Potentially interested ... assume that the overnight is a bit brutal though as it's so short.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Cl\shes with my wedding! That'll be a no from me and a select few FTers :P
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By coincidence I’ll be in TLV on 22 June. Is this event still happening?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
I won't be able to attend, due to the awkward situation called work (for some reason if I don't turn up when they need me I don't get paid), I've had to change my holiday plans to seeing bands in the US in August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.