Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does booking AA basic fares through BA.com award TP/Avios?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does booking AA basic fares through BA.com award TP/Avios?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I actually think it is a mistake of some description that B doesn't get TPs/Avios, since AA does credit a bit on their frequent flyer scheme. Usually that is the trigger (so for example AAdvantage customers often see AUPs crediting on AA when travelling BA, whereas the AA version doesn't credit for anyone). But the B not-crediting has been reported from long back, and I can't recall a report of someone saying "yes I have been given Avios/TPs on BAEC despite flying AA B". Similar example is Z on LATAM, which has multiple confirmation reports. There again Z on LATAM is a more enticing travel prospect then B in a AA 787. I'm not sure seat selection is persuasive either way though I agree it's a good marker.

However feel free to take one for the team!

You can of course get to the Qantas lounge on a trip to Luxembourg or Bilbao, which will probably be cheaper and get more Avios....

I took an AA ticket on BA Metal recently on a Basic ticket and it was on AA S class which according to the calculator doesn't earn but I got 20TPs which was the same as O Class

Hope that helps
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Well, decided to book a standard AA main cabin economy itinerary through BA.com for £384.

Flying LHR-LAX-SFO / BOS-JFK-LHR so with any luck, I should be to use all the T3 lounges, the LAX lounges and the nice enough AA lounge at JFK. Might flash my GGL card and see if they'll let me use Flagship dining, but expecting the walk of shame with that one
Chose the nice A321T between BOS and JFK so I can get a flat bed for at least 30-40 minutes of my flying time!

Amazing though how in 5 minutes, most BA O-Class availability suddenly turned into S class only and added £115 to the price. Still better than ex-GOT flights that went from £300ish to nearly £1700.

Expecting not a lot and I chose 20K from the AA seatmap on the first flight (2 seats at the bulkhead in MCE) yet AA are calling it 20J everywhere else.
Would be nice if my ex-JFK AA flight is oversold like last time I caught one They were offering $1000, a hotel, meals and a flight next day for anyone willing to be offloaded.
argonath likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Originally Posted by xenole
Well, decided to book a standard AA main cabin economy itinerary through BA.com for £384.
Last month I booked thru AA.com GOT-HEL-LHR-PHX-LAX returning via ORD for £377 in S class and combining this with an AA Avios redemption LAX-LIH. Flying to GOT the previous day to position and then doing an overnight stop in PHX before flying to Hawaii in the morning. Out on the BA289, had the option of the BA291 as well but prefer the flight time of the later flight having taken this one before.

Coming back from LAX my preference is for the non stops but leaving Hawaii early afternoon means landing in LAX just after 11pm. As there are no direct flights back to the UK after this time the only option was to take the 1am redeye to ORD connecting with the AA daytime flight to LHR thus saving one night on the ground. Leave LIH Sunday at 14:26 and arrive LHR Monday 22:40.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a report in this thread of how AA's B selling class / bucket gets 20 TPs under BAEC.
Basic Economy On AA Transatlantic As BA Silver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.