Departing Bengaluru BLR - baggage?

Old Sep 8, 18, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Departing Bengaluru BLR - baggage?

Hi

I'm departing BLR tomorrow morning to LHR in J. Happy in the knowledge that I can take my two bags as hand luggage, I just casually checked the BLR website and was taken aback to see that it's one piece only, and max 7KG.

http://www.bengaluruairport.com/airp...epartures.jspx

Can anyone comment if this is actually enforced?

Many thanks

Jim
Old Sep 8, 18, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Was last there in November and there was nothing of the sort.

Just make sure you have your BP or itinerary printed otherwise you wont be let in to the airport.

For those travelling on Indian LCCs, they now have self serve machines outside the terminal building to do the printing.
Old Sep 8, 18, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks cameramaker. BLR website also says BP needs to be stamped at desk, so i need to go to desk anyway it seems. It would just have a big influence on how I pack tonight. As it's an early morning flight (taxi booked for 4AM) I'd rather not have issues tomorrow :-)

Appreciated.

Jim
Old Sep 8, 18, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
I was there last week and can reinforce what cameramaker says. I have never (whether in Y or J) had anyone question how many pieces of hand baggage I had.

Also +1 on the pre-printed BP or itinerary - there is a checkpoint at each of the doors into the terminal where they look for that. Had a colleague with a BP on her phone once and they almost didn't let her in. The BP you print at the hotel will be thrown away anyway and replaced with a normal airport style one, and that will get stamped and checked at immigration and at the security screening (do not put your passport and BP in the tray for the x-ray!).

Last edited by Gildas; Sep 8, 18 at 11:14 am Reason: Missed a sentence
Old Sep 8, 18, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks both. All tips above were correct, despite more notices at airport re: one piece of hand luggage. Seems to be another rule they could enforce if they felt the urge.

I’m now in the Plaza lounge awaiting BA0118,

Many thanks again.

jim
Old Sep 8, 18, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL View Post
Many thanks both. All tips above were correct, despite more notices at airport re: one piece of hand luggage. Seems to be another rule they could enforce if they felt the urge.

Im now in the Plaza lounge awaiting BA0118,

Many thanks again.

jim
Glad to hear it was all okay. Are you sharing the lounge with the pigeons this morning or are you in peace?
Old Sep 8, 18, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

No pigeons today. I was in BLR 3-4 years ago, flying with EK, and was in same lounge. And had completely forgotten about the pigeons until you mentioned it; they were here last time.

I’d also forgotten about the rubber-stamping of BP at every opportunity, so thanks for the reminder on that.

Jim
Old Sep 8, 18, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL View Post
No pigeons today. I was in BLR 3-4 years ago, flying with EK, and was in same lounge. And had completely forgotten about the pigeons until you mentioned it; they were here last time.

Id also forgotten about the rubber-stamping of BP at every opportunity, so thanks for the reminder on that.

Jim
Excellent! Have a great flight.
Old Sep 9, 18, 4:52 am

Programs: GGL CCR
Originally Posted by cameramaker View Post
Just make sure you have your BP or itinerary printed otherwise you wont be let in to the airport.
Just FYI, I travelled BLR-LHR six times so far this year and always just show on my phone at the door and never been an issue. Indeed do need to get paper boarding pass when inside.
Old Sep 11, 18, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by jplondon View Post
Just FYI, I travelled BLR-LHR six times so far this year and always just show on my phone at the door and never been an issue. Indeed do need to get paper boarding pass when inside.
They want to see something on paper or a screen which shows, in a single place, your name (as matching the photo ID you also present) plus the flight from/to airports plus the flight date. The app will do, sometimes with a tiny bit of scrolling, but a printed booking confirmation is normally much easier and you don't have to worry about it being dropped either!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: