Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time for the resignation of BA's CEO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Seat_1F
A "major security breach" would be something that threatened the health, safety, lives of passengers, workers, etc. by allowing planes or terminals to be tampered with, people to evade security controls, etc. Theft of payment data is no such thing in the context of an airline. And frankly, occurs all the time these days.

Not to me it hasn’t. AC stated clearly on R4 that criminals have my credit card details and my home address. Unfortunately, and despite its size and resources BA failed to provide even the basic information required under GDPR in their email.
Consequently given their failure to protect, their cavalier attitude to the regulations and uncertainty on what was lost, I have little confidence in the airline. Moreover what other corners are being cut, what other costs be reduced to provide profit and bonuses.

Sorry The is monumental and in a industry entirely built on safety and confidence this is serious. He must go.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:40 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
And here I was wondering what faux pas Air Canada had committed!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by AJLondon
I had the same thought!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:15 am

When are we going to see Señor Cruz in his high viz again? I’m sure he cracked it out to head down to the server room to find out what’s going on.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Depriving someone of their livelihood is extreme and not something I would advocate based on the information I have available.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rubecula
Depriving someone of their livelihood...
Is that someone struggling to pay the rent for a room in a house share in Hounslow, only has £50 to last until the end of the month and only has a tin of Asda smart price baked beans in the cupboard? Thought not. But some MF crew might be in this situation.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJLondon
It was au revoir to AC when they went long haul narrow seat in economy between YXX-LHR.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by richardwft

Is that someone struggling to pay the rent for a room in a house share in Hounslow, only has £50 to last until the end of the month and only has a tin of Asda smart price baked beans in the cupboard? Thought not. But some MF crew might be in this situation.
It is anyone trying to make a living.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Seat_1F
A "major security breach" would be something that threatened the health, safety, lives of passengers, workers, etc. by allowing planes or terminals to be tampered with, people to evade security controls, etc. Theft of payment data is no such thing in the context of an airline. And frankly, occurs all the time these days.
could you specify which airlines you have in mind which have had several incidents involving the hacking of personal data including cvv number for 380000 people over a period of over 2!weeks?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:16 am

Alex Cruz made £1.36m last year of which 850k was base pay. He’s not struggling.

He’s the CEO of one of the largest airlines in the world and this is what he gets paid for - ensuring that the business runs smoothly. He’s clearly failing in that regard. If you don’t want to have that kind of responsibility, then don’t take the job and the consequences are far less dire.

There’s clearly a cultural problem at BA.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
At that level you tend NOT to get sacked as that reflects badly on those other senior people who appointed him. Hello Wee Willie
What usually happens if they decide to remove him is that he will be promoted!
My current employer is massive on the importance of cultural fit (regardless of ethnicity remember!!) in the workplace. Senor Cruz was brought into change the culture at BA to be more like Vueling, an utterly different business model, he’s not meant to fit in, he’s meant to disrupt. But if as he says cost cutting is now part of BA’s DNA, that piece is done and he could be promoted within IAG to his next challenge. High Viz jacket monitor perhaps?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
... known as “WW”.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:34 am
Suspended

Not 'anyone' would effectively give away 380K people's credit card details and personal information to cyber criminals (OK, not exactly give away. But we all agree it is his responsibility when major event like this happened in the organisation which he is the head).
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Alex Cruz made £1.36m last year of which 850k was base pay. He’s not struggling.

He’s the CEO of one of the largest airlines in the world and this is what he gets paid for - ensuring that the business runs smoothly. He’s clearly failing in that regard. If you don’t want to have that kind of responsibility, then don’t take the job and the consequences are far less dire.

Of course he is not struggling financially. However, depriving him of his current employment is a major step and I have not seen sufficient evidence to justify this. If further info becomes available then I will review this position.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:06 pm

Of course he is not struggling financially. However, depriving him of his current employment is a major step and I have not seen sufficient evidence to justify this. If further info becomes available then I will review this position.
He oversaw the grounding of an airline for three days last year. I’ve had my financial data stolen. Whilst paying for a service where they promise me to be safe. This isn’t a company which says well fix things as a mantra - this is savings only.

What needs to happen - an airplane needs to crash?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.