Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AvisBA.com witholding inventory from BA Exec Club Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AvisBA.com witholding inventory from BA Exec Club Members

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Red face AvisBA.com witholding inventory from BA Exec Club Members

I wanted to book a hire car via avisba.com to benefit from the free additional driver. However, I note that when I do a search as a 'BA Executive Club - Gold Member' no Avis inventory is shown, only 'Budget' brand vehicles. Repeat the same search as 'Not an Executive Club Member' and the Avis inventory all shows up, but of course, the BA benefits wouldn't apply.

Has anybody else experienced this and is it intentional or a glitch?

If intentional it seems rather ridiculous given the site is predicated upon offering benefits to BA members.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Not sure about 'BA benefits don't apply' bit - I've booked Avis vans from LHR (not available from T5 though!) through the Avis website and still got BA benefits - did require them (Avis) to add the details manually, but doable.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I often book via the avis.co.uk website, as long as I add my wizard code I get all my BA benefits.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Has anybody managed to get Avis to give benefits when booking through a 3rd party (say rentalcars.com)?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: IHG Gold
I usually book through ba.com > Holidays > Cars, the full set of vehicle options is there, and the voucher specifically states "Free Additional Driver".

signol
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just book on avis.co.uk using AWD code: N744400 and you'll see all cars and get all your BA Executive club benefits with Avis. Don't forget to add your BA EC number during the booking.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by megaloman
Just book on avis.co.uk using AWD code: N744400 and you'll see all cars and get all your BA Executive club benefits with Avis. Don't forget to add your BA EC number during the booking.
Out of interest does the price change when you add that AWD code? I've often noticed the avisba site is a little more expensive then the straight avis site.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by richonlybyname
Has anybody managed to get Avis to give benefits when booking through a 3rd party (say rentalcars.com)?
You won't get any benefits whatsoever booking through a third party.

It needs to be a direct book via Avis, otherwise your contract is with the agency and not Avis.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Costa Coffee, My Waitrose
They have moved to a new site, are you using https://www.abg-britishairways.com/ ?

Also I noticed if you type a location, eg Marbella in my case, it shows two locations for the same station. If you select the first, it gives only Avis cars and then if you select the second only budget cars.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by aceman
Out of interest does the price change when you add that AWD code? I've often noticed the avisba site is a little more expensive then the straight avis site.
usually it's just the same price, sometimes it's roughly 10% off...
Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by megaloman

Im planning on using the code N744400 I’ve paid for my booking already must I present a BA EC number?
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by iaminsatiableuk
Im planning on using the code N744400 I’ve paid for my booking already must I present a BA EC number?
I don't think AWD code can be added post booking.
BA EC card is likely not to work as most agents won't know about the deal BA has with Avis. Is your booking free to cancel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.