Changes to BA Best Price Guarantee

Old Sep 7, 18, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Changes to BA Best Price Guarantee

Just submitted my regular BPG claim for the same route I travel quite often. Once again it has been accepted however rather than a refund of the fare difference back to my method of payment, I have been issued an eVoucher. I wasn't aware of this change, but now the Ts and Cs state this is what they will do.

However I was surprised that the eVoucher I have received for 200 is around 60 more than the value of my BPG claim itself! Not sure if this is a one-off or the eVouchers are only issued to the nearest 50 or 100?
Old Sep 7, 18, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
That's interesting... I have just tried the BPG for the first time yesterday. Difference in price was only 40 but will be interested to see if BA accepts my claim and what and how they pay out if accepted....
Just received an email stating my claim is approved and will get 90 e-voucher valid until Sept 2019. Result

Last edited by IntVic; Sep 7, 18 at 2:34 am Reason: update
Old Sep 7, 18, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver Elite
On Tuesday I had a rate guarantee uplifted from 86 to 100. Less than 24 hours for a response, pretty good all round.
Old Sep 7, 18, 5:25 am

Sorry for my ignorance but what is this?
Old Sep 7, 18, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
Sorry for my ignorance but what is this?
https://www.britishairways.com/en-de/flights-and-holidays/flights/price-promise
batwins likes this.
Old Sep 10, 18, 11:57 pm

Lock in fare

Hi all
apologies if it's already been answered, couldn't find it. Does BPG work if I lock in the fare for up to 72 hours? And if so, which day should I use for comparison, day I locked the fare or day I actually paid for it?
Thank you in advance!
Old Sep 11, 18, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flyslow View Post
Hi all
apologies if it's already been answered, couldn't find it. Does BPG work if I lock in the fare for up to 72 hours? And if so, which day should I use for comparison, day I locked the fare or day I actually paid for it?
Thank you in advance!
No I don't believe it would work. See Ts and Cs:

"To be eligible for a Best price guarantee refund (BPGR) offer you must have booked and made full payment for a Qualifying Flight(s) at ba.com using a credit or debit card or PayPal (where available), in the currency of your departure country. "
Old Sep 11, 18, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
BA made some changes recently where instead of refunding the price difference to your payment method, they will give you DOUBLE the price difference in the form of a voucher, as long as you're a BAEC member.

The T&Cs were on the price match page for this yesterday but strangely today it is no longer mentioned. According to the T&Cs they would give you double the difference up to a maximum of 200 (which would explain the OP getting 200 for a ~140 claim).

Anyway, I submitted two claims yesterday for a price difference of 55 each and received two vouchers for 110 this morning. Vouchers valid for 1 year, no screenshots required.

One of the bookings I used UUA immediately after booking and the voucher was still granted with no issue.
Old Oct 11, 18, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by UTFB View Post
Originally Posted by flyslow
Hi all
Thank you in advance!

No I don't believe it would work. See Ts and Cs:

"To be eligible for a Best price guarantee refund (BPGR) offer you must have booked and made full payment for a Qualifying Flight(s) at ba.com using a credit or debit card or PayPal (where available), in the currency of your departure country. "
Happy to report that BPG worked even for flights on hold for 72h (comparison taken at the time of locking the fare, not at the time of paying). No screenshots were asked, 30 e-voucher for 10 price difference.
IntVic likes this.
Old Mar 3, 19, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Has anyone had success with BA doing a Best Price Guarantee for a multi-city booking (simple open jaw return flight within the same country in this case)? The terms and conditions are a bit vague and seem to imply it must a simple one-way or return but then start talking about the flight terminating and ending in the same country as if something more complex than a simple return is possible.
Old Mar 3, 19, 7:54 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Yeah I got it on inv LHR AUH LHR man booked as a multi city
Old Mar 3, 19, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by cgtechuk View Post
Yeah I got it on inv LHR AUH LHR man booked as a multi city
Great, thanks. Was hoping to open jaw the destination and keep the departure point the same.
Old Mar 3, 19, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Apologies for moving slightly bigger topic, but where do you find a qualifying BA fare cheaper than the BA site? I've never found anywhere selling the flights for less than the BA website before (perhaps I haven't looked hard enough)
Old Mar 3, 19, 6:32 pm

Yeah, you haven't looked hard enough. Check Skyscanner when making your booking - I see TravelTrolley are cheaper quite a bit.