FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Can't change my password on BA.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1929372-cant-change-my-password-ba-com.html)

Colnic2011 Sep 6, 2018 11:50 pm

Can't change my password on BA.com

Received the email as many of you have due to the breach.

Cant contact my CC company until later but I am also trying to update/change my passwords, I Have made 2 bookings in the breach timeframe!!

On BA.com I keep getting this error message.

Error

• Sorry, the PIN you have entered has not been recognised. Please enter your existing PIN and submit.

Any advice or anyone else having the same issue??

wmaciej Sep 6, 2018 11:50 pm

Try resetting the password instead. That allows you to create a new one.

Colnic2011 Sep 7, 2018 12:06 am

Originally Posted by wmaciej (Post 30177117)
Try resetting the password instead. That allows you to create a new one.

That didn't work either what I did was log out then click forgot my password they sent me an email and I could change it that way, Thanks for the advice though.

wmaciej Sep 7, 2018 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Colnic2011 (Post 30177150)
That didn't work either what I did was log out then click forgot my password they sent me an email and I could change it that way, Thanks for the advice though.

This is what I meant by resetting password :)

dodgeflyer Sep 7, 2018 1:20 am

In the pin section I just entered my password and that worked.

melanddave Sep 7, 2018 1:45 am

I have updated my password and the web site is working fine, unfortunately the app refuses to recognise my new password, any solutions ? i deleted the app and reloaded it from the App store

wadewadewade Sep 7, 2018 2:25 am

Got the same error on the BA site...and when I try resetting the password I get an error "You password has not been reset. Please try again." - any ideas? Been on hold to Amex most of the morning to cancel, don't particularly want to spend ages on the phone to BA as well...

wmaciej Sep 7, 2018 2:26 am

Originally Posted by wadewadewade (Post 30177429)
Got the same error on the BA site...and when I try resetting the password I get an error "You password has not been reset. Please try again." - any ideas? Been on hold to Amex most of the morning to cancel, don't particularly want to spend ages on the phone to BA as well...

Cancel the card online instead!

wadewadewade Sep 7, 2018 2:29 am

Originally Posted by wmaciej (Post 30177432)
Cancel the card online instead!

...well that now seems obvious. Whoops. :D

wadewadewade Sep 7, 2018 2:41 am

Update turns out there's a 20 character limit on passwords. What a useful error message that was, only figured that out from another thread on here.

KARFA Sep 7, 2018 2:51 am

It seems a BA.com password must be a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 20 characters, and should include include a mix of letters and numbers. The following special characters may also be included. ! " # $ ( ) * + , - / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ' { }

corporate-wage-slave Sep 7, 2018 2:53 am

Just to give the perspective that it can be done: I change my password monthly anyway, but I changed it again last night on BA.com, logged out of the App, signed in again and all worked fine. Note that the BAEC Avios App, if you use it, also needs to be logged out too. I have a long password, it's not the minimum length.

nwmgc Sep 7, 2018 2:56 am

When changing my password , it asked for my date of birth (which the hackers probably got anyway) before allowing further amendments. Seems fine now.

melanddave Sep 7, 2018 3:00 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30177480)
It seems a BA.com password must be a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 20 characters, and should include include a mix of letters and numbers. The following special characters may also be included. ! " # $ ( ) * + , - / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ' { }

what about & ?

KARFA Sep 7, 2018 3:03 am

Originally Posted by melanddave (Post 30177498)
what about & ?

I am quoting from BA. If it isn't included then I assume you can't use it.