Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Avios on OneWorld Partners

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Using Avios on OneWorld Partners

I am going to go to Australia from YYZ next October so I have started to look at options as I have a lot of points ( I know it is too early to actually see the real flights but I just been researching the options) and would like to use them as much as possible. When I go to the BA website and put in my info I never see any options for Qantas or Cathay Pacific (I see CP for the flight from YYZ to HKG only) I have fiddled around doing each flight separately but the only option I get when I check HKG to MEL is the Malaysia Airlines option and I know there are multiple flights on CP and Q. Same when I query Cairns to HKG. I have no trouble finding flights domestically in Australia on the website. I have fiddled around with dates and the other flights are never available it seems as an avios option. Are the seats on these flights restricted or am I missing something. I really want to avoid phoning BA if possible since thats a nightmare. Some have suggested using the Asia miles or Qantas site to check but when I go to those sites I can't see how to use the avios. Please help!! Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: QFF, VA, IHG
Qantas International flight availability is fairly patchy at the best of times. And Cathay seems to have drastically reduced the number of available seats recently too. I suspect you are just seeing the results of poor availability. As you noticed, domestic QF is generally pretty good for availability. If you give me a date and some routings I can check via my QFF account and report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.