Wiki Posts
Search

BA to codeshare with Vistara

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

BA to codeshare with Vistara

Good to see BA is cooperating with SIA after the Avios earning opportunities by booking on SQ...

[SQ parent SIA owns 49% of Vistara]

According to BUSINESS TRAVELLER

The deal – which launches today for travel from September 27 – allows BA customers to book seats on connecting domestic services from Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi.

The agreement will open up a total of 13 new Indian destinations for BA customers including Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Goa, Kolkata, Kochi, and Pune.

The codeshare expands on an existing interline and check-in partnership between the two carriers.

Passengers on codeshare flights will be able to check their bags straight through to the final destination, will enjoy complimentary meals on Vistara sectors, and will earn Avios and tier points on BA coded Vistara flights.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:34 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
That’s good news. Tried a dummy booking in October, LHR-IXC ... shows the domestic leg on Vistara but not with BA codes
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:18 am

Vistara are a very respectable operation indeed. I've flown them a few times ex-DEL to multiple destinations in India. Modern, clean aircraft and good schedule reliability. Good onboard service that you can tell SQ/SIA have had an input on.

Good to see BA choosing them as a partner to open up the non-mainline destinations in India ^
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
This is great news. However, the connections off BA139 into BOM are pretty terrible. PNQ as an example is 1 flight a day with Vistara at the crack of dawn after you’ve arrived past midnight on the 139. 9W have much better intra India schedules.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Vistara are a very respectable operation indeed. I've flown them a few times ex-DEL to multiple destinations in India. Modern, clean aircraft and good schedule reliability. Good onboard service that you can tell SQ/SIA have had an input on.

Good to see BA choosing them as a partner to open up the non-mainline destinations in India ^
Good to know! I booked their Premium Economy on BLR-DEL and look forward to it!
rossmacd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:02 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
Does this mean that we can now redeem award tickets on Vistara domestic flights using Avios?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by yrs
Does this mean that we can now redeem award tickets on Vistara domestic flights using Avios?
Unlikely based on this news as such. Usually award flights can only be booked on the flight's prime code, and therefore this would be unlikely to be possible unless/until Vistara is itself a BAEC partner.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by yrs
No, it's an earn-only partnership
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Vistara are a nice airline. Flew with them a few months ago in Y+ MAA-IXZ. Very pleasant flight with pretty decent catering and crew.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC
What aircraft do they operate with?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by babats
What aircraft do they operate with?
A mixture of the A320 family.

I did read somewhere that they are awaiting 787s, but I doubt these will be used on Indian domestic routes.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A, Marriott
Originally Posted by shefgab
Vistara are a nice airline. Flew with them a few months ago in Y+ MAA-IXZ. Very pleasant flight with pretty decent catering and crew.
Vistara is my favorite intra-India airline. New aircraft, very friendly cabin crew, some of the best grilled chicken snacks I've ever tasted (and I've tasted a lot of grilled chicken in a lot of places). They also tend to have air bridges instead of bus gates, and I found their online interface to order tickets and reserve seats all working well. W/in India they have positioned themselves as a premium airline and have gained a lot of local fans. I've never flown anything but economy, and am curious as to the service on Premium Economy or Business.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Looking forward to this. I'm a big fan of Indigo, but having a direct booked flight to some of the destinations I use, particularly Ahmedabad is potentially very good news.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
No, it's an earn-only partnership
And that too, not even a full earn-only partnership -- you have to be travelling on BA codeshares to earn on Vistara.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:50 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by cameramaker
This is great news. However, the connections off BA139 into BOM are pretty terrible. PNQ as an example is 1 flight a day with Vistara at the crack of dawn after you’ve arrived past midnight on the 139. 9W have much better intra India schedules.
Vistara's main hub is DEL and connections ex DEL to all over India are much more reasonable. I am a huge fan of the carrier. Definitely the best domestic inflight meals / service (at least in J) out of all airlines operating in India. Excellent own lounge in DEL too, unlike 9W which uses the Plaza Premium Priority Pass option.
rossmacd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.