Club World: How do they get away with it?

Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by 1P
LH longhaul F has been 1-2-1 for quite a long time now...... You must be reliving the days of your youth! Or else it was in biz not F.
LH retired the last of their old F planes only in 2015, although you'd have had to be unlucky to get it at that point it was still possible in 2015 to end up in an LH F seat without direct aisle access.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: Some
Am I also the only one that instantly thinks of BA as a Scooby-Doo villain every time they see this thread title?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by SCSA

use the CX or QR lounges in T3.
That could be tricky; QR’s lounge is in T4 . I take it you mean QF?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC
I meant take the secret Cross-field shuttle directly from T3 to the QR lounge in T4. You've never used it?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Talking

Originally Posted by 1P
LH longhaul F has been 1-2-1 for quite a long time now...... You must be reliving the days of your youth! Or else it was in biz not F.
70 years ago or more, what was @HIDDY doing flying an airline they call Lufty shorthand for Luftwaffe !!??? Scary!

These CW posts are getting hysterical, the bottom line is its a very decent seat, as everyone knows, especially the window seats and with the new White Company bedding it is very comfortable, end of story.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
These CW posts are getting hysterical, the bottom line is its a very decent seat, as everyone knows, especially the window seats and with the new White Company bedding it is very comfortable, end of story.
I was enjoying the debate, until you decided to speak for everybody
User Name, wrp96, V10 and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I was enjoying the debate, until you decided to speak for everybody
A debate is typically when there are strong valid points to be made with one issue vs another and the points about BA CW (overwhelmingly) are just not grounded in reality.
Andriyko likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
If you're flying long haul biz class with a connection I don't see why anyone would ever logically book BA knowing going in the product they offer. Given that they are rarely (i.e. never) the cheapest option to begin with from N.A. makes the decision that much easier.

Unless you need to fly to London, direct, for business and AA, DL, UA don't offer the times you are looking for, I don't see why anyone would fly them longhaul.

Luckily, the airline industry isn't a monopoly yet.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
...the bottom line is its a very decent seat..
For me it isn’t. “Very decent” may be the Qsuite.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:38 am
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by richardwft

For me it isn’t. “Very decent” may be the Qsuite.
I mean if the Q suite is only very decent then Im not sure what constitutes as a great business class product for you, a Saudi royals private A380 ??
Sisyphus1carus and Pack like this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:43 am
Suspended

Is great better than very decent in the scheme of business seating?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by tennislover9
If you're flying long haul biz class with a connection I don't see why anyone would ever logically book BA knowing going in the product they offer. Given that they are rarely (i.e. never) the cheapest option to begin with from N.A. makes the decision that much easier.

Unless you need to fly to London, direct, for business and AA, DL, UA don't offer the times you are looking for, I don't see why anyone would fly them longhaul.

Luckily, the airline industry isn't a monopoly yet.
But the point many are making is that CW only sells because BA sells it for cheap or because BA holds a monopoly.

I find it amusing that some people want to know why others choose a particular airline. Clearly these people are not asking to be persuaded to fly BA, and yet they refuse to just accept that many others are just not looking what they are looking for when they travel.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:56 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

There is one way to get BAs premium business class but they charge more for it
as BA calls it First Class
However like their lower end business class Club World If redeeming miles they still bang you for a hefty fuel surcharge either way
which is by far worse than any of their onboard experience
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by SCSA
I meant take the secret Cross-field shuttle directly from T3 to the QR lounge in T4. You've never used it?
Wait, what ?!
Ancient Observer likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by tennislover9
I don't see why anyone would fly [BA] longhaul.
My most recent westbound trans-Atlantic, on a BA 747 Upper Deck, was one of the most pleasant travel experiences I have ever had. It was certainly better, in every way, than the AA flight I took back.
Ancient Observer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.