Wiki Posts
Search

BA First Class alternatives

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:12 am
Original Poster

BA First Class alternatives

Hello everyone ,
So.... I fly Swiss First JFK to Zurich quite often. I love their product and quality of services. (Companion throughout security and customs, gorgeous lounge, large comfy seats). I guess I have gotten spoiled. I soon need to travel to London and was highly disappointed with BA First when I flew it a year ago. Super tight seating, no special services, indifferent crew, NO WIFI! My friends and family think I’m a diva for desiring what they consider “special treatment”. But First Class is supposed to be luxurious!

Do I have any other First Class alternatives? American Airlines? I really appreciate any input
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I would listen to your friends and family as they know you the best.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Kk440, though I can't help thinking the question is not so much about BA and thus should be in the AA forum. Nevertheless welcome on board and I hope whatever you decide will work well for you.

Wifi has changed, many BA JFK services now have that, AA certainly have wifi on almost all their services. Otherwise if luxury is more important than price/timings etc then have a look at Air France to Paris, and then a short flight from there to London. Or if you like Swiss, stick with Swiss!
orbitmic, Cymro and argonath like this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I would decide if you're lead by the need for spoilt luxury, or cost.
Suspended

JFK to LHR is short, AA on their new B777 in business should be OK. Spend the saving on some luxury in London.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Welcome to the BA forum indeed! I'd echo the suggestions made by cws. I'd also recommend that you might want to send a PM to San Gottardo who has had the same "predicament" as you some time ago and is a very experienced F flyer on many different airlines.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Personally, I don't like AA First Class. I've tried it a couple of times now and whilst the seat, food, and service are all adequate (but certainly not leaving me with a feeling of being spoilt), I don't like the fact that AA separate the cabins with see through curtains. I prefer the privacy of BA First.

If money was no object and I wasn't worrying about collecting TP with BAEC, then I'd probably give Air France Premiere a go - it looks so stylish, Givenchy amenity bags, caviar service, big suite with only four pax in the cabin.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
I don't like the fact that AA separate the cabins with see through curtains. I prefer the privacy of BA First.
Unfortuntely BA have a large number in the fleet now (20?) of F cabins separated by a curtain
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by mikeyfly

Unfortuntely BA have a large number in the fleet now (20?) of F cabins separated by a curtain
Did they ever have doors? That's a serious question!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Always curtains but never the see through ones that they have on AA.
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Lufthansa F?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Personally, I don't like AA First Class. I've tried it a couple of times now and whilst the seat, food, and service are all adequate (but certainly not leaving me with a feeling of being spoilt), I don't like the fact that AA separate the cabins with see through curtains. I prefer the privacy of BA First.

If money was no object and I wasn't worrying about collecting TP with BAEC, then I'd probably give Air France Premiere a go - it looks so stylish, Givenchy amenity bags, caviar service, big suite with only four pax in the cabin.
And the AF private jet service on to London with full Premiere ground service from plane door to plane door..... if you want to do it properly 😊. By the time you've added on the Windsor Suite at Heathrow for the ultimate meet and greet experience on top of the BA F ticket cost, you're going to be in AF + jet territory any way.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
You could always try hitching a ride with R. Federer esq. who will be going back home en famille to Switzerland - very likely by sponsor NetJets - once he’s finished his current US Open in NYC (albeit you’ll have to go via Basle rather than direct to ZRH )
coxm likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Well if money and time are no object, you could do worse than JL F via HND
SkyTeem likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly

BA, in my living knowledge, have always used curtains to separate the cabins, however, they are robust fabric that offers some privacy from those sitting behind. The ones on AA though are see through, this company makes cabin dividers and states "we developed a see-through curtain that complies with the regulations of the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA)."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.