FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Bag Drop / Left Luggage at LCY / LIN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1928679-bag-drop-left-luggage-lcy-lin.html)

obduro Sep 3, 2018 4:45 am

Bag Drop / Left Luggage at LCY / LIN

Bit of a conundrym and apols in advance, but wanted to use forum’s collective wisdom…

Positioning to LIN for an ex-EU on BA7301 from LCY. Arrive at LIN for around 10am, and flying back to LCY on BA7304 at just before 6pm. We have two checked bags, and just working out what to do with them.
  • Option 1 - Check bags at LCY, immediately recheck bags at LIN and head into the city for the day before coming back for BA7304
  • Option 2 - Left luggage at LCY, collect after returning to London
  • Option 3 - Check bags to LIN, left luggage at LIN, recheck bags onto BA7304 (this is only an option if Option 1 is a no go)
So questions:
  • Any recent experience of when bag drop opens at LIN for CE pax? Is option 1 in play?
  • If not, any experiences of left luggage at LCY? We are intending to arrive at around 6.15am for a 6.55 departure which might cut it fine to check bags for Option 3?
Thanks in advance!

sammyg901 Sep 3, 2018 4:57 am

I think Opt.2 would be best

Just curious on the arrangements for the next leg of your trip. Are you going home or straight for another flight? Do you live in London or staying at a hotel? Just wondering if Airportr could be an option directly onto the long leg of your ex EU

obduro Sep 3, 2018 5:01 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901 (Post 30161064)
I think Opt.2 would be best

Just curious on the arrangements for the next leg of your trip. Are you going home or straight for another flight? Do you live in London or staying at a hotel? Just wondering if Airportr could be an option directly onto the long leg of your ex EU

We are on AA101 at 10am-ish the following day from LHR, so the intention is to stay over at a hotel near Heathrow. We are outside of the Airportr catchment area unfortunately...

corporate-wage-slave Sep 3, 2018 5:42 am

Originally Posted by obduro (Post 30161072)
We are on AA101 at 10am-ish the following day from LHR, so the intention is to stay over at a hotel near Heathrow. We are outside of the Airportr catchment area unfortunately...

I think Option 1 won't prove possible at the LIN end. But are you getting to LHR via HEX? If so then just park your bags at Excess Baggage in Paddington station (or other suitable location en route) before going to LCY; alternatively drop of the bags at the hotel before travel to Italy.

sammyg901 Sep 3, 2018 5:54 am

I think actually I would be tempted to take it and put it in left luggage at Linate if you can't check it in there once you land

My fear would be if there was some disruption preventing you getting back to London City your bags will be stranded there. Having them with you will mean you can reroute easily

armouredant Sep 3, 2018 7:18 am

Perhaps your home is outside the Airportr catchment area, but they'll collect from any hotel, business or residential address within it. Do you have a friend or office in London you could leave it with? I once left my bags at the reception of a Premier Inn as I was checking out, and they made it to the flight just fine two days later.