BAFirst Class OMG!

Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:04 am
Original Poster

BAFirst Class OMG!

I Had my First Class flight from London to Singapur on BA11 last Friday and I was realy chocked what they offer their Customers. It was an A380 hardfacts like seats where ok But quite Dirty. But, the Most horribel Part was the Crew. Unfriendly Unprofessional , Not thanks no please. Warm Champagner when the table was set i Got two peppermills no Salt. Food was disgusting, cold Salat with Frozen Dressing. Prsentation of the food, was Lousy. How can they still this product. The New CW Service is much much netter than First Class. They should Skip First Class if they dont provide a proper Service, no greetings from the SCD.
beside the flight was Delayed then for more then an hour, It was an asolutley Desaster. Nothing to compare on Lufthansa, Air France, Swiss, Emirate etc. its absolutley Not Worth of the Money and the Miles.imread quite some Feedback on BA First But i couldnt believe It as Long as i made the experience on my Own. And nothing to compare ice the ground experience like on Lhufthansa or Air France First Class.
AnaTravel and GavinMansfield like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:12 am

Unfortunately, this is the reality with BA; inconsistent delivery of their product. You'll find many reporting they have had good experiences. Personally it is a mixed bag, but for F lately and even CW it has been good. However my sampling is limited due to flying on the JFK route, which has better Do&Co catering and the best crew.
Markie, BearX220 and obduro like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
These kinds of experiences do happen in First Class occasionally. However if the crew is disinterested, then I try not to get upset by it as that just makes my experience worse. I do understand that it's frustrating especially if it's cost a lot of money - but you can take it as a learning about the value to you of the different cabins. Many would agree with you that First is often not worth the extra cost over Club.

Unfortunately, flights do get delayed with all carriers and the First Class cabin tends to be delayed just as much as the rest of the aircraft.
fiona, so3003, T8191 and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
As many like to say, BA F is one of the best business class products in the sky.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Am I too prejudiced for having thought "uh... but is it this a MF route?"

If the stars align, I'll be on that route next year, same cabin, and after having experienced only good to very good First Class flights (HKG, JFK, IAD) It would be sad to encounter something different, especially after all the efforts needed to book a First Class ticket. Of course I have no experience on LH/LX/AF to compare BA with.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
I've just come back from a Vancouver/New York two city holiday, flying in F on BA both ways. Out on an A380 and back on a 747. The service I received was top notch, as it normally is. The first class "suite" is never spotless, but the service from the cabin crew was excellent - very attentive. The food was very good quality and my LPGS was regularly topped-up.

I guess the real problem, as others have indicated, is the inconsistency in the service offering. Perhaps I have been lucky, but I have absolutely no complaints (just now).
crazyarmadillo, madfish and obduro like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Lefly
Am I too prejudiced for having thought "uh... but is it this a MF route?"

If the stars align, I'll be on that route next year, same cabin, and after having experienced only good to very good First Class flights (HKG, JFK, IAD) It would be sad to encounter something different, especially after all the efforts needed to book a First Class ticket. Of course I have no experience on LH/LX/AF to compare BA with.
I've flown both WW and MF crewed F flights and though they are slightly different experiences I've had no complaints. My 789 F flight to SJC with MF was up there with the best F experiences I've had - the crew does make the difference IMO.
Lefly likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I would like to think from personal experience that your singular experience, albeit sounding bad, is not the standard. I flew this route in F 6 times this year on A380 and the service has been stellar on all occasions. So whilst i sympathise with you I do not think nor believe BA F is worse then Club or that the service and delivery are bad. Sometimes it's the customers attitude as well that can turn experience sour
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by billinghamn
I've just come back from a Vancouver/New York two city holiday, flying in F on BA both ways. Out on an A380 and back on a 747. The service I received was top notch, as it normally is. The first class "suite" is never spotless, but the service from the cabin crew was excellent - very attentive. The food was very good quality and my LPGS was regularly topped-up.

I guess the real problem, as others have indicated, is the inconsistency in the service offering. Perhaps I have been lucky, but I have absolutely no complaints (just now).

"Out on an A380 and back on a 747" - which was better? I'm looking at F for an SFO-LHR flight next year and not sure which to take.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:08 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by chan36
I Had my First Class flight from London to Singapur on BA11 last Friday and I was realy chocked what they offer their Customers. It was an A380 hardfacts like seats where ok But quite Dirty. But, the Most horribel Part was the Crew. Unfriendly Unprofessional , Not thanks no please. Warm Champagner when the table was set i Got two peppermills no Salt. Food was disgusting, cold Salat with Frozen Dressing. Prsentation of the food, was Lousy. How can they still this product. The New CW Service is much much netter than First Class. They should Skip First Class if they dont provide a proper Service, no greetings from the SCD.
beside the flight was Delayed then for more then an hour, It was an asolutley Desaster. Nothing to compare on Lufthansa, Air France, Swiss, Emirate etc. its absolutley Not Worth of the Money and the Miles.imread quite some Feedback on BA First But i couldnt believe It as Long as i made the experience on my Own. And nothing to compare ice the ground experience like on Lhufthansa or Air France First Class.
Quite Extraordinary.
HIDDY, justin_krusty, GLA and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by channa
As many like to say, BA F is one of the best business class products in the sky.
LOL, doesn't sound like it, I'm sitting in an EK J Seat right now, the chamoacha is chilled, cabin is clean and the crew friendly and attentive. My Laurent Perrier always topped up before the glass is empty
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I like the A380 F seat which is already a big thing.

I think its fair to say that the rest of the product is weaker than any of the other airlines the op mentions so the experience becomes very dependent on the quality of the crew. When they are enthusiastic, they can make up for a lot, but when they are demotivated, all that is left is a product which is admittedly mediocre compared to competition.

This is particularly true if the trip is not point to point as transferring at lhr is still zoo with very poor priority transfer and a poor service in CE unless on long though we all hope this will improve after the 12th.
BearX220 and Row9 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:17 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Petrus
Unfortunately, this is the reality with BA; inconsistent delivery of their product. You'll find many reporting they have had good experiences. Personally it is a mixed bag, but for F lately and even CW it has been good. However my sampling is limited due to flying on the JFK route, which has better Do&Co catering and the best crew.
thats the point though isnt it? At this level/price it should be consistent at least on the basics with no excuses.
you would nt accept an oh well, its inconsistent if you had this risk when buying a car - as Jaguar found out in the 70s/early 80s. 30-40 years on
look how many Mercedes there are now vs Jags. In the long run inconsistent poor product gets found out.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chan36
Did you not complain to the crew or CSD? Everybody can have a bad day, and while it should not happen in a professionally run organisation, I found a quick word about it can bring about a vast improvement.

Interestingly, whenever I have had a bad F or CW experience, its normally catering, IFE or something where the crew is probably more upset about it than me. I often have cause to complain about BA but it is hardly ever because ofthe crew. And as for the comparison with Lufthansa, well their hard F product may be extremely good but I have had far more grumpy crews on LH than on BA.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Whereas my 2nd First class flight from SIN to LHR last year was the polar opposite. Friendly and chatty cabin crew, tasty food, plenty of bubbles, excellent night's sleep and a couple of fiery tomato juices in the morning to wake me up. I'd do it again in a heartbeat but I guess we're always going to have occasional bad experiences whatever part of the aircraft we're in.

Now, the First Class cubbyhole in SIN. What's that all about?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.