Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Airports in which you don't bother to use BA lounges

Airports in which you don't bother to use BA lounges

Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by Marschel
I'm surprised no one mentioned JFK T7 so far.
Was just about to, the First Class lounge in T7 is Dark, Dingy, and Dreadful. Food choice Dire, drinks choice Doleful.

Its the Blue Ribbon route with the Black Armband Lounge.

Thank goodness there is AA and T8 lounges.
mrow likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:51 am

TXL. Unless I'm super early, what's the point in a landside lounge at the wrong end of the airport?
Cheny likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonours, IHG, Bonvoy, KFC Colonel's club
Originally Posted by jk156
TXL. Unless I'm super early, what's the point in a landside lounge at the wrong end of the airport?
Agreed. To be fair it is an old airport and BA probably didn't bother to refurbish it as they were planning to move to Berlin Brandenburg - BER

Oh I almost forgot this recent one: Bucharest
Though technically speaking it isn't a BA/OW owned lounge but a 3rd party lounge
Duncs and bisonrav like this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
Was just about to, the First Class lounge in T7 is Dark, Dingy, and Dreadful. Food choice Dire, drinks choice Doleful.
I thought this lounge was still closed for refurbishment? We live in hope that the improvements will be worth the wait.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
-ams
-bru
-dxb
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Jersey was pretty hellish on the last two occasions I was delayed there (bad weather a perpetual occurrence).
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
My RDU flights always seem to go from C gates so I rarely bother with the Admirals Club (bus or back through security).

I skip WAW contract lounges. JW Red for goodness sake.

JFK T7 is atrocious but the terminal is just as bad so its a wash.

Not OW but if on UA from EWR C I wouldnt bother with the Club. The terminal area is far superior. The Polaris lounge looks nice but Im rarely in J in that direction sadly.

In a similar vein its galling to be in HKG when not on OW. The SQ dungeon I eschew when flying Star in favour of the terminal.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Certainly PEK. The CX lounge which BA agents usually don't tell you about is less terrible, but everything is awful in PEK regardless. The public areas are not better either, but they're good exercise.
(OTOH, Skyteam runs a wonderful lounge in PEK T2...)

SIN as it's predictable so you don't end up spending much time there anyway. Not a fan of GIG either.

(These are all contracted lounges though)
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by diamantaire
-ams
-bru
-dxb
I was just about to add AMS and BRU. Two places I head for paid restaurants rather than the lounge.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by erifax
I don't bother with the lounge in DUB (where I'm based). It's just never seemed worth the trip upstairs. I usually just grab a quick bite on the walk to the 200 gates and try to time it for minimal time in the airport.
That's because the lounge BA use in Dublin is an absolute shocker. The decor is putrid, the food selection tiny (but decent enough quality), and otherwise it's just bewildering in its hideousness. The fact that virtually every airline in Dublin uses it and seems to think it's okay is baffling to me.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flatlander
which airports have public areas that are overall better than the lounge? (Cairo, as mentioned, due to security).
Public areas in Cairo arent better than the lounge. Yes, the double security is a nuisance, but as youve gone through security once it is fairly quick to do it again and the lounge is certainly better than the public areas.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
If its morning I will often pop to Wagamamas in T5 for breakfast rather than eat in the lounge. Seriously better than the lounge offerings.

Last edited by gliderpilot; Sep 2, 2018 at 8:57 am
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well this is the only one near to the original question to which I personally can relate, but do you actually not bother? The public area outside the lounge isn't exactly a stately pleasure-dome either. Surely you wince and bear it?
I have in the past called in very quickly for a coffee and a bottle of water but after 4 weeks in the desert working on a dry facility I generally crave a bit more than that, so off to the cafe-bar in the main terminal for 5 cans of Heineken it is! Plus a lot of my colleagues I travel with do not have status so I'd only be sat alone...
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Originally Posted by Tredders

I was just about to add AMS and BRU. Two places I head for paid restaurants rather than the lounge.
Unfortunately in BRU or AMS not enough choice for vegetarians.
In Bru i head to Diamond Lounge (across BA) in Ams to Aspire & in Dxb I head to DIH First Class lounge Or DIH business Class lounge.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Ams, bod, txl.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.